Stock Market Still Rising Post Trump Win

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
1939 - 43 Required a lot of effort and a lot of lives from a lot of European people, not to mention all that went before. Who's minimalizing America's war effort against Japan? Documents are one thing, experienced reality another.
Were it not for America entering your war, you would probably be speaking German right now.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Were it not for America entering your war, you would probably be speaking German right now.
I might, perhaps, have learned Russian (as a pessimist I preferred Chinese) but certainly not German. The USSR had effectively seen off Hitler by the time we saw any American troops, which was why we did, obviously. Instead we are speaking American, far more than I like to hear, though the citizens don't understand it very well!!

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I might, perhaps, have learned Russian (as a pessimist I preferred Chinese) but certainly not German. The USSR had effectively seen off Hitler by the time we saw any American troops, which was why we did, obviously. Instead we are speaking American, far more than I like to hear, though the citizens don't understand it very well!!
BECAUSE OF LEND LEASE. Even the Soviets acknowledged that, I'm not sure why (yes I am, we stole your empires) you keep up with this BS.

To repeat myself, the only thing more idiotic than "'Merica, **** ya!" is "The Soviets did it."

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
Instead we are speaking American, far more than I like to hear, though the citizens don't understand it very well!!
Yes, the Americans can't even master the difference between "shall" and "will"!! ---

What can be done with the invincible ignorance of such people?

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
BECAUSE OF LEND LEASE. Even the Soviets acknowledged that, I'm not sure why (yes I am, we stole your empires) you keep up with this BS.

To repeat myself, the only thing more idiotic than "'Merica, **** ya!" is "The Soviets did it."
My father preached against the Marshall Plan, pointing out, as did many others, that it would mean the end of any independence. The Government thought otherwise, which is why we are an American puppet state. Time we followed Eastern Europe and broke free. When Roosevelt finally decided that the UK might survive after all, he invested in a potential overseas possession when we'd spent all we had on resisting Hitler. So much the better, but it was hardly disinterested!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
Time we followed Eastern Europe and broke free. When Roosevelt finally decided that the UK might survive after all, he invested in a potential overseas possession when we'd spent all we had on resisting Hitler. So much the better, but it was hardly disinterested!
Yes, the more countries that break free of American domination, the better!

That is why I held my nose and supported Canada's Free Trade Deal with the European Union --- the less trade Canada has with the USA, the better national freedom and independence Canada will have.

The Brexit fiasco is a significant reason that I can regard modern Britain as only semi-civilized. That so many Brits were suckered into voting against their national interests is comparable (though to a lesser degree) to the American moron electorate which voted for GW Bush and Trumpzilla.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
LOL! More like SUPPORT, not "domination". :smug: And casting aside support would be foolhardy (kind of like "looking gift horse in the mouth") . :redface:

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka

That is why I held my nose and supported Canada's Free Trade Deal with the European Union --- the less trade Canada has with the USA, the better national freedom and independence Canada will have.

The Brexit fiasco is a significant reason that I can regard modern Britain as only semi-civilized. That so many Brits were suckered into voting against their national interests is comparable (though to a lesser degree) to the American moron electorate which voted for GW Bush and Trumpzilla.
Trump lost the election by 3.5M votes. The EC (how anyone thought stealing an idea from the HRE was smart...) elected him, not the people.

Aug 2, 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
..this is worth having a look at...
China just reminded the United States that Beijing is its banker

Markets took a hit following a Bloomberg News report that cited unnamed Beijing officials as saying that China, the largest holder of U.S. Treasurys, could slow or even halt its purchases of that debt.
U.S. stocks on Wednesday snapped a six-day winning streak, and Treasury yields, already in an upswing, moved higher with the 10-year reaching 2.597 percent, their highest level since March 15. Bond yields rise when bond prices fall.
China "will not just lay passive if the U.S. administration imposes tariffs," he said. "I think that's the position they want to be in, that they are a major player and not a small country on the receiving end of the U.S. big stick."

Beijing's indication that it's not "tied to U.S. bond-buying" indicates more "hardball' between the world's two biggest economies, said Vishnu Varathan, Mizuho Bank economist
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...jing-is-its-banker/ar-BBIeckw?ocid=spartandhp

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
China is hardly our banker. China owes the US something like $2T and the US debt, if you subtract 'debt' that is in truth transferring money from government agencies with surpluses to those with deficits and investment debts that creditors don't want repaid (interest payments), is something like $5B. The US also has about $10T in assets (mostly real estate) it can sell off in a pinch.

The idea that the US is facing insolvency is something gold peddlers push and political hacks run with it to 'make a point' that doesn't exist.