Television Racial Innuendos

Jan 25, 2009
Many movies and tv series throughout history have relied on the humor of racial innuendos to bring about laughter and shock appeal.

I pray for the day when the generations will look upon such retoric with confusion!

Jan 17, 2009
Well I don't think that trend will die off anytime soon as it's part of pop culture in a way. Plus I don't find racial humor offensive as long as it's done for humorous purposes and it's not actual racism.

David Chappelle for instance did a great job in using racial humor with good taste via his show.

omej

Founding Father
Jan 9, 2013
Delaware
Well I don't think that trend will die off anytime soon as it's part of pop culture in a way. Plus I don't find racial humor offensive as long as it's done for humorous purposes and it's not actual racism.

David Chappelle for instance did a great job in using racial humor with good taste via his show.
Agreed, don't ever expect it to go away. Some people can really use the humor hilariously, the main thing is to remember who the crowd is. People who aren't tolerant or can't stand the jokes just need to stay away from the television.

Jan 17, 2009
Well I don't think there's too many of those kinds of shows in Canada, which ones are you talking about specifically? And most "mature" people have grown from racial jokes, and even for children, they don't seem to be funny at all.. like all the black and asian jokes, I don't find them funny at all, however I don't find them very offensive either, they're just a waste of time to hear in my opinion.. >.<' Like I mean even Family Guy (the popular cartoon now-a-days) doesn't have that many of them. :p

Oh wait, I remember comedians.. they do a lot of this, and I find them funny LOL.

Jan 17, 2009
Actually Family Guy and South Park have a decent amount of racial humor. South Park constantly has Jew jokes via Cartman and Family Guy often has several minority jokes.

I find neither of them offensive though as like I said before, they were done for humor purposes. What's not funny is some kid getting made fun of in a playground due to their race etc.

Jan 17, 2009
Yeah there's many "racial jokes" used in those type of cartoon shows, but they are mainly used for humour. When someone makes in fun of someone just because they are Jewish, now that's beyond racisim.. that's bullying.

When there's racial jokes made on television shows like what you just mentioned, some of those jokes are actually true because of stereotypes (some stereotypes are actually true you know, like where do you think they came from? out of the blue? :D). Like when people say Asians have small eyes, or Jewish people have big noses, I actually find them true. Another great example would be: Most Asians are nerds. Yes, this is 100% true, because they did mention most. I mean who do you find more type of people studying and getting A's, black people or Asians?

Sometimes jokes can be funny, sometimes they are just intended to put down someone's feelings of somewhat. But racial jokes never get to me, whoever calls me a nerd, I'm happy. :)

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Agreed, don't ever expect it to go away. Some people can really use the humor hilariously, the main thing is to remember who the crowd is. People who aren't tolerant or can't stand the jokes just need to stay away from the television.
INDEED!