The Execution of bin Laden and the Role of the "Special Forces"

Nov 4, 2010
[FONT=&quot] This mo rning I was watching CNN coverage of the execution slaying (as it would be described if it had been perpetrated by anyone other than triggermen of the U.S. government) of Osama bin Laden, and the reporter relating details of the ?op? veered into singing the masculine praises of the military?s special forces whose members had carried out the hit. It would seem that the special forces are going to be the new firefighters, the new he-manly heroes of our society. Certainly this will be the case for macho adolescent American males, who like to identify with, and vicariously tap into the prowess of the Navy SEALs, Green Berets, marines, etc. No doubt teenage boys and young men all over the country are feeling quite adrenalized and pumped up by the role of the SEALs in ?taking out? the leader of Al Qaeda. And the public in general will no doubt be encouraged to amorally admire the skill and bravery of Uncle Sam?s supersoldiers and uber assassins. Yes, get ready for the media?s full-on glorification of the best trained killers on the planet ? the special forces of the United States military.

[FONT=&quot] Why is this prospect disturbing? Aren?t the special forces the ?good guys?? According to the dictionary they are.The Oxford Dictionary of English defines ?special forces? as follows, ?the units of a country's armed forces that undertake covert, counterterrorist, and other specialized operations?. This is the sort of uncritical, conventional, and positive definition that the media will predictably rubber-stamp, purvey, and inculcate. What?s wrong with it is that it takes no account whatsoever of the real uses that are routinely made of the martial expertise of special forces personnel. In a blunt nutshell, the special forces function primarily as the shock troops and ?torpedoes?, to use a mafia term, of the government*. You know, the same government that functions, to a seriously undemocratic degree, as the instrument not of the will of the populace, but rather the will of the elite of society. The special forces, then, are indirectly the highly lethal servants of the special interests of the elite*.

[FONT=&quot] I take no pleasure in bursting anyone?s idealistic bubbles, but these are the hard-boiled politico-economic facts of life. Along with espionage and dirty tricks agencies, such as the CIA and NSA, the military?s special ops units are a part of an intelligence-military complex designed to keep the world a safe place for the business and political establishment that runs it. That is, to preserve itself the global power structure needs its skullduggery squad and its ?enforcers?; secret services such as the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency and the British MI6 are the former, and military special forces are the latter.

[FONT=&quot] Oh sure, the official and noble mission statement of a country?s special forces is of course to safeguard it, the country as a whole, from its enemies. But as we all know official fictions and under-the table reality, shall we say, are often quite different propositions. The inglorious under-the-table reality of the special forces (and the military in general, of course) is that it?s frequently tasked to serve & safeguard the mercenary agendas of the corporate kingpins, ?wiseguys? of Wall Street, barons of banking, and political potentates who make up the higher echelons of society.

[FONT=&quot] All our patriotic programming makes it hard to accept, but the armed forces and its elite troops are frequently just a tool for the lucrative implementation of the shock doctrine, the voracious profiteering of large military contractors, the covetous securing of oil fields, etc. As the song says, ?Money, money, money? ? the military serves those who have it roughly 99.9% of the time, and every now and then the country. And, if I may reiterate, the much-held-in-respect special forces are no exception whatsoever to the way the military is corruptly co-opted by the capitalist overlords of the system. If anything, the special forces highlight the illicit exploitation of the military as the homicidal henchmen of the high chiefs of the moneyocracy.

[FONT=&quot] Forgive me for being utterly disregardful of the gullible sensibilities of those who still believe in that hallowed part of the system called the ?armed services?. It?s quite interesting how the military remains so hallowed, remains the only part of the system that?s widely immune from the people?s cynicism about government and public institutions. There are a couple of obvious explanations for this. The military is na?vely viewed as the defense force of the nation, and its members are respected as the national tribe?s valorous warriors. It?s an uncritical respect that patriotically pedestalizes the military above any severe reproach and inclines people to look the other way as far as the realeconomik function of the military in the plutocratic world order goes. And then there?s Vietnam. As a culture we?re still atoning for the unkind way veterans of that immoral war were treated, still overcompensatingly falling all over ourselves to show support for ?the troops?, and lionizing the military?s cr?me de la cr?me, its ?special forces?.

[FONT=&quot] It?s really about time that American society lets go of the guilt. Sure, it wasn?t very compassionate for anti-war protestors to denounce returning, post-traumatically-stressed GIs as baby killers, but neither did Vietnam vets deserve any appreciation for their ?service?, for once again, their service was to the Establisnment, not the people. And thus has it been, again and again, since Vietnam. And thus is it today in Afghanistan and the Middle East, where the mighty military machine of the U.S., and its point men in the special forces, fight and kill to achieve the selfish objectives of the economic-governmental establishment.

[FONT=&quot] The Navy SEALs may have dealt a stunning blow to international terrorism by whacking bin Laden, but this doesn?t change the fact that they?re normally just deadly instruments in the hidden hand of corporate Big Brother ? not, I?ll repeat with politically-incorrect explicitness, not the gallant guarantors of our security, and the knightly guardians of our liberty.

[FONT=&quot] As the Tony Montana character in the movie Scarface earthily says, ?Capitalism is getting fu*ked?. Pure and simple, the real function of the military, of every part of the military, is to keep the fu*ked masses of humanity permanently bent over for the capitalist elite.

[FONT=&quot] And, all hyperbole aside, it?s the capitalist elite, not Al Qaeda, that?s the real threat to the well-being of John and Jane Q. Public. It?s the capitalist elite, for example, whose program of globalization and greed has caused who knows how much human suffering, and how much death. Yes, poverty kills, as surely as terrorist bombs, and the brutal global economy and recession continues to inflict conditions of poverty all around the world that are taking a toll in life that will probably never be honestly calculated. Mm hmm, if the folks in the special forces really wanted to do us all a service they?d go rogue and start going after the fat cats who?ve put millions of people on unemployment; in homeless shelters; and in early graves due to lack of health insurance, to crime caused by poverty, to drugs dealt and used to escape from the bleakness of poverty, etc.

[FONT=&quot] In his monologue last night Jay Leno said ?I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Osama bin Laden is dead. What?s the bad news? There is no bad news!?. And then of course right on cue the audience burst into uproarious laughter. But, as per ususal, the last laugh is on us, because the bad news is that the real enemies of our liberty and livelihood, the aforementioned capitalist elite, are still out there, and in fact not only does the system and the military not protect us from these enemies, it?s now and historically has always been cozily in bed with them. Instead of going along with the amoral and inane idolizing of our modern ninjas, the SEALS, rangers, Delta Force, etc.; instead of teaching our children to gloss over the ethical issues and admire them for being tough and proficient killers; instead of falling for the patriotic hype of the military and its special forces, we need to begin to call them out on the carpet for what they really are, servants of power.

[FONT=&quot] Right now, like the Munchkins after Dorothy?s house lands on the wicked witch of the East, the country is rejoicingly singing choruses of Ding Dong the wicked terrorist is dead. Aside from the question of whether it?s very becoming to take such gleeful pleasure in the death of a human being, any human being, we?re only playing into the manipulation of our reality by the corporate-owned media and the government, i.e. the ole Establishment. That is, our conceptualization of reality has been thoroughly manipulated so that we think that a Third-World outfit like Al Qaeda, and a punk with religious delusions of grandeur like bin Laden are the bogeyman we should be focused on! Perhaps if we one day find the military and its special forces being used against us we?ll finally realize who they really work for, and who the real public enemies are. But of course by then it might be too late.

See note below

Nov 4, 2010
Note

* The U.S. special forces also protect the global power structure by schooling the murderous "security" forces of Third World client regimes. The bloody personnel they train in other human rights-challenged countries frequently engage in crimes against their own people; and occasionally go private, becoming the hired heavies of drug cartels. This is what's happened in Mexico, where the Los Zetas cartel is now run in paramilitary fashion by ex Mexican special forces soldiers who were professionally trained by the U.S.'s School of the Americas, an elite academy for the killers and torture technicians of the military and police organizations of Latin American allies. With the Zetas now setting up narco-terrorist cells in the U.S. you might say, ? la Malcolm X, that once again our chickens are coming home to roost. Thanks a lot special forces!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
You came nowhere near bursting my bubble. What if we had taken a page from his book and killed the women and children too. That is what that bastard did over and over.

I have no worries of our Seals turning on us. They have friends and family living right here with us. I understand that you just don't get it. But you seem blinded by your hatred of the "[FONT=&quot]mighty military machine of the U.S."

Aug 27, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
charleslb, et al,

I think you might have started off with an incorrect or at least, partially skewed premise.
This morning I was watching CNN coverage of the execution slaying (as it would be described if it had been perpetrated by anyone other than triggermen of the U.S. government) of Osama bin Laden, and the reporter relating details of the ?op? veered into singing the masculine praises of the military?s special forces whose members had carried out the hit.
(COMMENT)

This was not a hit by any strecth of the imagination. It was a specifically targeted anti-terrorist operation pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force, [September 18, 2001; Public Law 107-40 [S. J. RES. 23], 107th CONGRESS, [ http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/terrorism/sjres23.es.html ]

• SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES. said:
    • (a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.
It is that simple.
It would seem that the special forces are going to be the new firefighters, the new he-manly heroes of our society. ... ... ...Yes, get ready for the media?s full-on glorification of the best trained killers on the planet ? the special forces of the United States military.
(COMMENT)

It was determined, by the very representatives that "we" (America Collectively) put into office - that the President needed to be "provided a fully capable Special Operations Forces to defend the United States and its interests; that could be used to synchronize planning of global operations against terrorist networks." That is those young men of which you speak. Youth is tempered by mature leadership. But they were asked to do a job, and they did it. Give them their moment of glory. They earned it and "we" (America Collectively) often soon to forget the hardships and pain these men in women in uniform endure to meet the challenges that our political and diplomatic civilian leadership place upon them. AND the tens of thousands more, that served to conduct operations in hostile lands to hold the line in direct support of such capabilities. While their daily mission is not near as noteworthy, it is just as vital and important.
Why is this prospect disturbing? Aren?t the special forces the ?good guys?? ... ... ... The special forces, then, are indirectly the highly lethal servants of the special interests of the elite*.
(COMMENT)

This is a political question. Your position is that "we" (America Collectively) should NOT have this special capability for The President, and should not use it in cases such as this.

This is a legitimate position, albeit - probably a minority position. I would argue that the The President needs all sorts of tools in his toolbox.
I take no pleasure in bursting anyone?s idealistic bubbles, ... ... ... skullduggery squad and its ?enforcers?; secret services such as the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency and the British MI6 are the former, and military special forces are the latter.
(COMMENT)

Unfortunately, there are very few nations that do not maintain such a capability.

While I cannot fault you for wanting to improve our foreign policy, and limit US diplomatic efforts, foreign aid (military & non-military), and political intrusion, the consequences of our policies over the last few decades do not put us in a position that would allow a reduction or elimination of this capacity.

Even Somali Pirates require unconventional military intervention from time to time.

In the case of terrorism, any country that does not have a credible response, plays with the safety of their constiuents at their own peril.
Oh sure, the official and noble mission statement ... ... ... political potentates who make up the higher echelons of society.
(COMMENT)
All our patriotic programming makes it hard to accept, but the armed forces and its elite troops are frequently just a tool ... ... ... the homicidal henchmen of the high chiefs of the moneyocracy.
(COMMENT)

Anyone who has experience their first firefight, knows that it is anything but "glorious." But romantism of military exploits dates back to antiquity. It is nothing unique to the American culture. Who has not heard of the Battle of Thermopylae, the Charge of the Light Brigade, Bastone, Hamber Hill, or the Iron Triangle.
Forgive me for being utterly disregardful of the gullible sensibilities ... ... ..., still overcompensatingly falling all over ourselves to show support for ?the troops?, and lionizing the military?s cr?me de la cr?me, its ?special forces?.
(COMMENT)

I have served my country - almost contiuously (in one capacity or another) since Veitnam. I'm in one of those countries now. No (credible) Veitnam Veteran (without regard to the treatment of the past) would deny these service memebers their due.

Morality doesn't enter into this; unless it relates to the Beltway Politicians (one step below the integrity of a used car salesman or snakeoil peddler). We serve our country and answer our nations call. (Very simple.) None of us, after first blood, really expect to be a hero. We just perform our duty as required.
It?s really about time that American society lets go of the guilt. ... ... ...and its point men in the special forces, fight and kill to achieve the selfish objectives of the economic-governmental establishment.
(COMMENT)

Again, don't confuse the mission with the assignment of duty. The armed forces does not just decide to go to war. We don't answer to "Big Business." We perform at the direction of the President, and the leaders appointed over us. The politics is well above our pay-grade. And this hasn't changed since the origins of the services.
The Navy SEALs may have dealt... ... ..., and the knightly guardians of our liberty.
(COMMENT)

Whether corporate America had a hand in it, or not, is not the issue for the service members that answer the call to duty. We are there to serve and to do what needs to be done.
As the Tony Montana character in the movie Scarface earthily says, ... ... ... for the capitalist elite.
(COMMENT)

If you believe that, then you need to work within our system of government to change it. That is your right and that is your duty as a good citizen of the United States of America. But in a democracy ( or in our case a Republic), we perform according to the will of the people and the direction that the leaders point out.
And, all hyperbole aside, ... ... ... escape from the bleakness of poverty, etc.
(COMMENT)

No element of the service selects its own objectives or launches its own operation. We serve at the pleasure of the leadership, in the best interest of national security in the defense against our countries enemies.
In his monologue last night Jay Leno said ?I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Osama bin Laden is dead. ... ... ...the military and its special forces, we need to begin to call them out on the carpet for what they really are, servants of power.
(COMMENT)

You are part of that power. The AUMF was by the hand of the people, their representatives and the Constitution.
Right now, like the Munchkins after Dorothy?s house lands on the wicked witch of the East, ... ... ... But of course by then it might be too late.
(COMMENT)

Mayber there is something wrong with the demise of a monster like Osama bin Laden. But then again, the we've offered him the opportunity to collect his virgins, and face his make to account for his part in the advancement of Evil under his name.

The Armed Forces of the United States is not something that is so easily persuaded to advance against its own kind. Rest assured, the service memebers and leaders of the military, no matter whatelse they may have in terms of faults, are true Americans, bonded in the common defense of America.

Most Respectfully,
R

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
You came nowhere near bursting my bubble. What if we had taken a page from his book and killed the women and children too. That is what that bastard did over and over.

I have no worries of our Seals turning on us. They have friends and family living right here with us. I understand that you just don't get it. But you seem blinded by your hatred of the "[FONT=&quot]mighty military machine of the U.S."

How do you know what he did or didn't do without a trial? He murdered people - allegedly - and has now been murdered - probably. Al Capone stuff, barbarous crap, suitable for iron-age tribesmen.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
How do you know what he did or didn't do without a trial? He murdered people - allegedly - and has now been murdered - probably. Al Capone stuff, barbarous crap, suitable for iron-age tribesmen.
Did you not see the tape of him laughing about his plan. Said he was even surprised at how well it worked. He thought the floors above where the plane hit would be all that burned. So if he did it or not he took credit for and was laughing about it.

You asked the question. There is your answer. But we all know everyone we kill is so innocent and the US is just your big bad boogie man.
He never gave anyone a trial! And he was not murdered. It is about time we started treating others as they treat us. You may not understand this, but around here if we get hit we hit back. It may take a long time, but they are going to get it back in spades.:D

So sorry if we upset your delicate sensibilities.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Did you not see the tape of him laughing about his plan. Said he was even surprised at how well it worked. He thought the floors above where the plane hit would be all that burned. So if he did it or not he took credit for and was laughing about it.

You asked the question. There is your answer. But we all know everyone we kill is so innocent and the US is just your big bad boogie man.
He never gave anyone a trial! And he was not murdered. It is about time we started treating others as they treat us. You may not understand this, but around here if we get hit we hit back. It may take a long time, but they are going to get it back in spades.:D

So sorry if we upset your delicate sensibilities.
There was a good article on this in the Guardian yesterday. All this 'Monster' bullshit suits religious fanatics and lying politicians, but it is destructive of truth, sense and democratic values. At the end of the War the US insisted on bringing the nazi leaders to trial, so that their real crimes should be known and weighed. All the rest is bloody crap - and yes, of course he was murdered, unarmed, by gangsters invading another country with which they were not at war and in which they had no rights. You want to play cowboys stay home with the cows, sonny.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
There was a good article on this in the Guardian yesterday. All this 'Monster' bullshit suits religious fanatics and lying politicians, but it is destructive of truth, sense and democratic values. At the end of the War the US insisted on bringing the nazi leaders to trial, so that their real crimes should be known and weighed. All the rest is bloody crap - and yes, of course he was murdered, unarmed, by gangsters invading another country with which they were not at war and in which they had no rights. You want to play cowboys stay home with the cows, sonny.
Thanks for calling me sonny! But I am a great grandfather x2. We took the same rights they did when they blew up the damn towers. They wanted our attention. Well they got it. So if they want to keep it going they can expect more of the same. When they bring the fight to the "cowboys" they should expect a fight.He died by the same rules he lived by. So it was good enough for the sob.;)

But I do wonder about people who seem to "support" terrorist and terrorist rights.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Thanks for calling me sonny! But I am a great grandfather x2. We took the same rights they did when they blew up the damn towers. They wanted our attention. Well they got it. So if they want to keep it going they can expect more of the same. When they bring the fight to the "cowboys" they should expect a fight.He died by the same rules he lived by. So it was good enough for the sob.;)

But I do wonder about people who seem to "support" terrorist and terrorist rights.
As with crime, you place yourself morally on the same ground as murderers then? The general notion is that in civilized societies we should behave better, and not go howling with triumph when someone the media tell us is Evil is murdered when unarmed. I don't support murderers, either American or ex-American-backed Saudi, naturally, but as a human being I don't wan't to live in 'thirties Cicero or thirties Berlin. Read up on Hitler: he is the model for the way you are behaving of late.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
As with crime, you place yourself morally on the same ground as murderers then? The general notion is that in civilized societies we should behave better, and not go howling with triumph when someone the media tell us is Evil is murdered when unarmed. I don't support murderers, either American or ex-American-backed Saudi, naturally, but as a human being I don't wan't to live in 'thirties Cicero or thirties Berlin. Read up on Hitler: he is the model for the way you are behaving of late.
I know all about Hitler! That statement just shows how superior you feel about yourself. You are just better, smarter and more caring than the the rest of us. Since you seem to have your opinion of me I will share mine about you. I think you are arrogant and judgmental to the extreme. And have no right to tell me what to think or how to feel about anything. Opinions are like ass-holes most people have one. And we damned sure don't need some know it all looking down their nose at us.

I stand by my statement. The SOB got what he deserved and it should have been sooner. The sooner the world realizes "mess with the bull and you will get the horn" the better. Yeah that's cowboy talk!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2010
[FONT=&quot] It would seem that the special forces are going to be the new firefighters, the new he-manly heroes of our society.

Seal Team Six does not exist

[FONT=&quot]Certainly this will be the case for macho adolescent American males, who like to identify with, and vicariously tap into the prowess of the Navy SEALs, Green Berets, marines, etc. No doubt teenage boys and young men all over the country are feeling quite adrenalized and pumped up by the role of the SEALs in “taking out” the leader of Al Qaeda.

[FONT=&quot]Teenage boys mostly have no clue who OBL is

[FONT=&quot]And the public in general will no doubt be encouraged to amorally admire the skill and bravery of Uncle Sam’s supersoldiers and uber assassins. Yes, get ready for the media’s full-on glorification of the best trained killers on the planet – the special forces of the United States military.

I think you meant immorally... the men who conducted the raid were certainly experts at their job. Your characterization ignores the fact that the dead guy orchestrated the deaths of thousands globally and had declared war on the US. He was not assassinated he was killed in battle.

[FONT=&quot]Why is this prospect disturbing? Aren’t the special forces the “good guys”? According to the dictionary they are.The Oxford Dictionary of English defines “special forces” as follows, “the units of a country's armed forces that undertake covert, counterterrorist, and other specialized operations”. This is the sort of uncritical, conventional, and positive definition that the media will predictably rubber-stamp, purvey, and inculcate. What’s wrong with it is that it takes no account whatsoever of the real uses that are routinely made of the martial expertise of special forces personnel. In a blunt nutshell, the special forces function primarily as the shock troops and “torpedoes”, to use a mafia term, of the government*. You know, the same government that functions, to a seriously undemocratic degree, as the instrument not of the will of the populace, but rather the will of the elite of society. The special forces, then, are indirectly the highly lethal servants of the special interests of the elite*.

[FONT=&quot]I take no pleasure in bursting anyone’s idealistic bubbles, but these are the hard-boiled politico-economic facts of life. Along with espionage and dirty tricks agencies, such as the CIA and NSA, the military’s special ops units are a part of an intelligence-military complex designed to keep the world a safe place for the business and political establishment that runs it. That is, to preserve itself the global power structure needs its skullduggery squad and its “enforcers”; secret services such as the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency and the British MI6 are the former, and military special forces are the latter.

Are you a college sophomore with an intellectual hard-on for your philosophy professor who has opened your eyes to "what's really going on"?

[FONT=&quot]
Oh sure, the official and noble mission statement of a country’s special forces is of course to safeguard it, the country as a whole, from its enemies. But as we all know official fictions and under-the table reality, shall we say, are often quite different propositions. The inglorious under-the-table reality of the special forces (and the military in general, of course) is that it’s frequently tasked to serve & safeguard the mercenary agendas of the corporate kingpins, “wiseguys” of Wall Street, barons of banking, and political potentates who make up the higher echelons of society.
200 characters deleted here to make post postable

[FONT=&quot]
If anything, the special forces highlight the illicit exploitation of the military as the homicidal henchmen of the high chiefs of the moneyocracy.

[FONT=&quot]Forgive me for being utterly disregardful of the gullible sensibilities of those who still believe in that hallowed part of the system called the “armed services”. It’s quite interesting how the military remains so hallowed, remains the only part of the system that’s widely immune from the people’s cynicism about government and public institutions. There are a couple of obvious explanations for this. The military is na?vely viewed as the defense force of the nation, and its members are respected as the national tribe’s valorous warriors. It’s an uncritical respect that patriotically pedestalizes the military above any severe reproach and inclines people to look the other way as far as the realeconomik function of the military in the plutocratic world order goes. And then there’s Vietnam. As a culture we’re still atoning for the unkind way veterans of that immoral war were treated, still overcompensatingly falling all over ourselves to show support for “the troops”, and lionizing the military’s cr?me de la cr?me, its “special forces”.

[FONT=&quot]It’s really about time that American society lets go of the guilt. Sure, it wasn’t very compassionate for anti-war protestors to denounce returning, post-traumatically-stressed GIs as baby killers, but neither did Vietnam vets deserve any appreciation for their “service”, for once again, their service was to the Establisnment, not the people. And thus has it been, again and again, since Vietnam. And thus is it today in Afghanistan and the Middle East, where the mighty military machine of the U.S., and its point men in the special forces, fight and kill to achieve the selfish objectives of the economic-governmental establishment.

[FONT=&quot]The Navy SEALs may have dealt a stunning blow to international terrorism by whacking bin Laden, but this doesn’t change the fact that they’re normally just deadly instruments in the hidden hand of corporate Big Brother – not, I’ll repeat with politically-incorrect explicitness, not the gallant guarantors of our security, and the knightly guardians of our liberty.

[FONT=&quot]As the Tony Montana character in the movie Scarface earthily says, “Capitalism is getting fu*ked”. Pure and simple, the real function of the military, of every part of the military, is to keep the fu*ked masses of humanity permanently bent over for the capitalist elite.

[FONT=&quot]And, all hyperbole aside, it’s the capitalist elite, not Al Qaeda, that’s the real threat to the well-being of John and Jane Q. Public. It’s the capitalist elite, for example, whose program of globalization and greed has caused who knows how much human suffering, and how much death. Yes, poverty kills, as surely as terrorist bombs, and the brutal global economy and recession continues to inflict conditions of poverty all around the world that are taking a toll in life that will probably never be honestly calculated. Mm hmm, if the folks in the special forces really wanted to do us all a service they’d go rogue and start going after the fat cats who’ve put millions of people on unemployment; in homeless shelters; and in early graves due to lack of health insurance, to crime caused by poverty, to drugs dealt and used to escape from the bleakness of poverty, etc.

[FONT=&quot]In his monologue last night Jay Leno said “I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Osama bin Laden is dead. What’s the bad news? There is no bad news!”. And then of course right on cue the audience burst into uproarious laughter. But, as per ususal, the last laugh is on us, because the bad news is that the real enemies of our liberty and livelihood, the aforementioned capitalist elite, are still out there, and in fact not only does the system and the military not protect us from these enemies, it’s now and historically has always been cozily in bed with them. Instead of going along with the amoral and inane idolizing of our modern ninjas, the SEALS, rangers, Delta Force, etc.; instead of teaching our children to gloss over the ethical issues and admire them for being tough and proficient killers; instead of falling for the patriotic hype of the military and its special forces, we need to begin to call them out on the carpet for what they really are, servants of power.

[FONT=&quot]Right now, like the Munchkins after Dorothy’s house lands on the wicked witch of the East, the country is rejoicingly singing choruses of Ding Dong the wicked terrorist is dead. Aside from the question of whether it’s very becoming to take such gleeful pleasure in the death of a human being, any human being, we’re only playing into the manipulation of our reality by the corporate-owned media and the government, i.e. the ole Establishment. That is, our conceptualization of reality has been thoroughly manipulated so that we think that a Third-World outfit like Al Qaeda, and a punk with religious delusions of grandeur like bin Laden are the bogeyman we should be focused on! Perhaps if we one day find the military and its special forces being used against us we’ll finally realize who they really work for, and who the real public enemies are. But of course by then it might be too late.

[FONT=&quot]See note below

yawn

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
I know all about Hitler! That statement just shows how superior you feel about yourself. You are just better, smarter and more caring than the the rest of us. Since you seem to have your opinion of me I will share mine about you. I think you are arrogant and judgmental to the extreme. And have no right to tell me what to think or how to feel about anything. Opinions are like ass-holes most people have one. And we damned sure don't need some know it all looking down their nose at us.

I stand by my statement. The SOB got what he deserved and it should have been sooner. The sooner the world realizes "mess with the bull and you will get the horn" the better. Yeah that's cowboy talk!:rolleyes:
Kill anyone your masters tell you to hate and shout down those who object eh? Heil dodge! The lynching instict of primitives lives on, does it? Yes, in that I believe in the rule of law I am superior to murderers. Most people are.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Kill anyone your masters tell you to hate and shout down those who object eh? Heil dodge! The lynching instict of primitives lives on, does it? Yes, in that I believe in the rule of law I am superior to murderers. Most people are.
You keep throwing that Hitler crap at me. My grandmother had 4 brothers in Germany fighting Hitler at the same time. One never made it home at all and two were crippled the rest of their life. So if all you want to do is insult me forget it. I don't respect you or your opinion enough to care anymore.

As far as murder, that is your opinion. Many all over the world disagree with you. They may think you just suffer from delusions of grandeur. How civilized can you be when you seem to always resort to insulting and name calling when anyone disagrees with you? That tells me that's all you have when that is best you can do.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
You keep throwing that Hitler crap at me. My grandmother had 4 brothers in Germany fighting Hitler at the same time. One never made it home at all and two were crippled the rest of their life. So if all you want to do is insult me forget it. I don't respect you or your opinion enough to care anymore.

As far as murder, that is your opinion. Many all over the world disagree with you. They may think you just suffer from delusions of grandeur. How civilized can you be when you seem to always resort to insulting and name calling when anyone disagrees with you? That tells me that's all you have when that is best you can do.
Just as many Israeli nazis had relatives murdered by German ones - what's that got to do with it? I had several relatives killed fighting the nazis, but I don't see that as a reason to behave like a nazi, so why should you?

There are plenty of savages and mugs all over the world, people who still believe the world is flat, people who believe Genesis is literally true, people who believe might is right. So what? Have I delusions of grandeur when I say they are idiots? You are defending gangsterism and murder: that is an objective fact. After the War, as I said before, we brought the criminals to trial. That is what civilised people do. End of story.