the gauntlet has been thrown

Oct 2012
NC
I decided to start a new type of thread. This is a thread wherein I challenge two members to a duel (each other, not me silly).
It will largely be based on my observations of countering opinions between members that have not been properly fleshed out, so to speak.

Topic, "Is Trump a cult leader?"

In this debate, redthunderbird57 will debate Reedak.
Reedak is pro , and rt57 against.

Here are the rules to this duel:

keep it on topic
Use logic , facts, metaphor and whatever skillful repertoire you have to make your argument.

no GIFs
no URLs
no Pictures
no help from any other members

For this particular duel, I will keep score.
I will deduct (going off topic or use of GIFs) and add points (for solid arguments made) as I see them.
After one 24 hour period will rule on the winner of this debate (duel).

Gentlemen, the gauntlet has been thrown!

You may begin when ready.

Last edited:
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
Even better would be if the sides were drawn randomly. It would take a few more active members here and then I think it would be interesting. When I was in high school, our debate coach would often have us debate a side of an issue without caring which side we actually aligned.

Oct 2012
NC
Due to the pitiful, lackluster participation on this site, I have decided to change the timeline (24 hours) to one week.

On NOV 09 at 10:45AM, I will announce the winner of this debate.

Good day and God bless,

arcturus88

Jun 2013
Earth
I decided to start a new type of thread. This is a thread wherein I challenge two members to a duel (each other, not me silly).
It will largely be based on my observations of countering opinions between members that have not been properly fleshed out, so to speak.

Topic, "Is Trump a cult leader?"

In this debate, redthunderbird57 will debate Reedak.
Reedak is pro , and rt57 against.

Here are the rules to this duel:

keep it on topic
Use logic , facts, metaphor and whatever skillful repertoire you have to make your argument.

no GIFs
no URLs
no Pictures
no help from any other members

For this particular duel, I will keep score.
I will deduct (going off topic or use of GIFs) and add points (for solid arguments made) as I see them.
After one 24 hour period will rule on the winner of this debate (duel).

Gentlemen, the gauntlet has been thrown!

You may begin when ready.
My honorable umpire, I find it ridiculous for anyone to challenge two members to a duel. It’s ironic that the host seems to admit the duel is silly and opts to stay out of it. Most ridiculous of all, this is the only political forum that sets up such a duel for the enjoyment of the host.

In my opinion, there should not be any restrictions or rules in the debate. Since the topic has to do with America and the entire world, anyone should be welcomed to express their views. Hence, please be prepared to be very shocked to the extent of nearly falling off your chair if I bring in Donald Trump Jr. and even his dad.

Such a no-holds-barred approach to the debate is reminiscent of the mixed martial arts "lei tai" championship depicted in my political satire at https://politicalfray.com/threads/political-satire-the-old-man-of-the-mountain-17.7909/

Jun 2013
Earth
1. Is Trump a cult leader? Let's hear it from the experts themselves, beginning with this one:

Farron Cousins is the executive editor of The Trial Lawyer magazine and a contributing writer at DeSmogBlog.com. He is the co-host / guest host for Ring of Fire Radio. His writings have appeared on Alternet, Truthout, and The Huffington Post. Farron received his bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of West Florida in 2005 and became a member of American MENSA in 2009.

Can anyone deny the truth anymore when even the son admits his father is cult leader? The following are excerpts from Farron Cousins' June 14, 2018 article headlined "Trump Jr. Admits His Dad Is A Cult Leader, And He Is Super Proud Of It".

(Begin excerpts)
....Recently, Republican Senator Bob Corker said that Donald Trump, with the Republican party, has become under Donald Trump, is basically a cult. It’s cult-like mentality. They’re very cultish. So, Donald Trump Jr. went on Fox and Friends where they asked him about Corker’s statement. Trump Jr., instead of outright saying, “No. Absolutely not. This is not a cult in any way possible.” This is what his response was....

Donald T. Jr.:
Listen, I think that’s ridiculous. I think, you know what? If it’s a cult, it’s because they like what my father’s doing. You see real Americans actually winning for a change, conservatives actually getting things done....

So, let’s focus on one part of that little video, where he says, “If it’s a cult, it’s because they like what my dad is doing.” Isn’t that what a cult is, where you blindly follow somebody because they make you lofty promises or you like what they’re doing, you like what they have to say? I have a news flash, here, for Donald Trump Jr., go back and study world history, last 100, 150, years. There really has never been a cult that has ended well for anyone. Look back and perhaps read the book The True Believer: Inside The Nature of Mass Movements. It’s a phenomenal book. It helps explain why people are so easily duped and they develop this cult like mentality towards people like Donald Trump, because that is exactly what this is.

In their eyes, their cult leader, Donald Trump, can do no wrong. Everything he does is glorious, spectacular, better than anyone ever, and it’s always the right thing. That’s not a normal way of thinking. Trump Jr. just went on Fox and Friends and admitted that, yeah, maybe it is a cult, because everybody likes what he is doing here.

This is dangerous for the United States. It’s dangerous for Fox and Friends to have somebody as stupid as Donald Trump Jr. come on that couch and try to wax intellectual about the subjects of the day. This kid doesn’t know a damn thing about American politics. He barely knows anything about business, and he doesn’t know anything about psychological manipulation, which is what is happening with our public today. It’s all happening under Donald Trump, and he and his family happen to think that this is the greatest thing in the world. They don’t even realize what they’re doing to this country. More importantly, the irreversible damage that they have inflicted on the Republican Party. (End excerpts)

Source: https://trofire.com/2018/06/14/trump-jr-admits-his-dad-is-a-cult-leader-and-he-is-super-proud-of-it/

Jun 2013
Earth
Due to the pitiful, lackluster participation on this site, I have decided to change the timeline (24 hours) to one week.

On NOV 09 at 10:45AM, I will announce the winner of this debate.

Good day and God bless,

arcturus88
My honorable umpire, I am not interested in the outcome (of the debate) but the truth.

Jun 2013
Earth
2. The following article should end the debate on the topic "Is Trump a cult leader?" Who has more authority on the topic than Trump who admits himself is a cult leader?

In February of 2008, Jason Easley founded PoliticusUSA which publishes fiercely corporate-free political news and analysis. He and his team have grown into being White House and Congressional credentialed journalists and are proud to have become a Reuters publishing partner.

The following are excerpts from Jason Easley's June 15th, 2018 article headlined "Trump Admits He’s A Cult Leader In Press Conference Disaster"

(Begin excerpts)
Watch as Trump admits that he is a cult leader by referring to his political supporters as his followers during a disastrous press gaggle.

Trump said, “And if you read the report, you’ll see that. Really — excuse me, wait, wait. What you really see is you’ll see bias against me and millions and tens of millions of my followers that is really a disgrace. And yet, yet — And yet, if you look at the FBI, and you went in and polled the FBI, the real FBI, those guys love me and I love them.”....

Donald Trump sees himself as a cult leader. He doesn’t have supporters like other political figures. He has followers, and the term follower implies blind loyalty to the leader. A supporter may differ with the person that they are supporting, but a follower is someone who is guided by blind belief.

Those who follow this president are increasingly being referred to as a cult. They appear to be brainwashed. Nothing will move them away from Trump. There is no persuading or courting these people. Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans should stop wasting their time. The Trump presidency is a cult, and Donald Trump just admitted that like any dime store dictator/cult of personality leader, he doesn’t want supporters. He wants followers.

Donald Trump is a cult leader. Americans stop looking at this president in political terms, and begin to ask themselves how this cult can be defeated so that the country can be taken back and democracy made safe again?

The only way to beat Trump is to recognize who is, and what sort of criminal cult he is leading. (End excerpts)

Source: https://www.politicususa.com/2018/0...cult-leader-in-press-conference-disaster.html

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
"The American job market is strong — so strong that it’s exerting upward pressure on workers’ compensation. The Labor Department’s national employment report released Friday shows a solid increase in wages for U.S. workers in the third quarter.
Payroll employment rose by 250,000 jobs in October, easily topping most economists’ estimates, while wages rose at the fastest pace since 2009 — up 3.1 percent from a year earlier. According to The Wall Street Journal, wages are rising at a faster clip than prices. That’s more good news for Americans.

Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG in New York, told Reuters that this “economy is in great shape with lots of jobs and more money in workers’ paychecks and this should help bolster the U.S. outlook" :D

https://www.richmond.com/opinion/ou...cle_02d7dc96-a782-5cfb-99e0-c4d029bf83f5.html

1541348500563.png

Attachments

Jun 2013
Earth
"The American job market is strong — so strong that it’s exerting upward pressure on workers’ compensation. The Labor Department’s national employment report released Friday shows a solid increase in wages for U.S. workers in the third quarter.
Payroll employment rose by 250,000 jobs in October, easily topping most economists’ estimates, while wages rose at the fastest pace since 2009 — up 3.1 percent from a year earlier. According to The Wall Street Journal, wages are rising at a faster clip than prices. That’s more good news for Americans.

Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG in New York, told Reuters that this “economy is in great shape with lots of jobs and more money in workers’ paychecks and this should help bolster the U.S. outlook" :D

https://www.richmond.com/opinion/ou...cle_02d7dc96-a782-5cfb-99e0-c4d029bf83f5.html
"When a god has fallen, we can expect a large number of rotten corpses below ready to break his fall." -- reedak.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/money/top...ion-as-apple-sinks/ar-BBPix1Z?ocid=spartandhp

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/tech-stocks-drag-markets-into-the-mud

Like some tribes decorating a "holy" tree by wrapping it with colourful cloth, the "good" US economic performance is being overblown by "fake news" or disinformation. There is also a possibility that the tree has already been hollowed out by termites. Hence, like the rotten tree, it is just a matter of time the US economy will collapse. :cool:

Last edited:
Oct 2012
NC
My honorable umpire, I find it ridiculous for anyone to challenge two members to a duel. It’s ironic that the host seems to admit the duel is silly and opts to stay out of it. Most ridiculous of all, this is the only political forum that sets up such a duel for the enjoyment of the host.

In my opinion, there should not be any restrictions or rules in the debate. Since the topic has to do with America and the entire world, anyone should be welcomed to express their views. Hence, please be prepared to be very shocked to the extent of nearly falling off your chair if I bring in Donald Trump Jr. and even his dad.

Such a no-holds-barred approach to the debate is reminiscent of the mixed martial arts "lei tai" championship depicted in my political satire at https://politicalfray.com/threads/political-satire-the-old-man-of-the-mountain-17.7909/
it is not "no holds barred" in that I have specifically applied rules with which to adhere.
I am looking for good solid debate. using one's own thoughts and opinions and reasoning.
carry on good man, time is running out ,

you have but a few days to make your point. against your opponent.

Oct 2012
NC
1. Is Trump a cult leader? Let's hear it from the experts themselves, beginning with this one:

.... It’s dangerous for Fox and Friends to have somebody as stupid as Donald Trump Jr. come on that couch and try to wax intellectual about the subjects of the day. This kid doesn’t know a damn thing about American politics. He barely knows anything about business, and he doesn’t know anything about psychological manipulation, which is what is happening with our public today. It’s all happening under Donald Trump, and he and his family happen to think that this is the greatest thing in the world. They don’t even realize what they’re doing to this country. More importantly, the irreversible damage that they have inflicted on the Republican Party. (End excerpts)

Source: https://trofire.com/2018/06/14/trump-jr-admits-his-dad-is-a-cult-leader-and-he-is-super-proud-of-it/

oops. URL violation and not using ones own opinions but relying on the quoted opines of others.

score:

RT57 : 0
reedak: -1

Oct 2012
NC
2. The following article should end the debate on the topic "Is Trump a cult leader?" Who has more authority on the topic than Trump who admits himself is a cult leader?

In February of 2008, Jason Easley founded PoliticusUSA which publishes fiercely corporate-free political news and analysis. He and his team have grown into being White House and Congressional credentialed journalists and are proud to have become a Reuters publishing partner.

The following are excerpts from Jason Easley's June 15th, 2018 article headlined "Trump Admits He’s A Cult Leader In Press Conference Disaster"

(Begin excerpts)
Watch as Trump admits ...who is, and what sort of criminal cult he is leading. (End excerpts)

Source: https://www.politicususa.com/2018/0...cult-leader-in-press-conference-disaster.html

oh bother!
another violation. this time to reedak with yet another URL posting!

RT57: -1
reedak: -2

one begins to wonder if pitting these two against each other in debate was a bad idea.... or an intended satire!

Oct 2012
NC

View attachment 184
in a singular post , you managed one URL (with only the opinions of others) and two GIF/pic violations, giving you a 3 pt. violation!

RT57: -4
reedak: -2

this uh, "debate" is really beyond compare.