The Super Duper gee golly extraordnary deluxely powerful Extreme Serendipity & Peeve Thread

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved that the wild bird seed we had been getting at Walmart for $13 a 20 pound bag is only $9 a bag at Home Depot!!! Who knew?

The serendipity part is from now on we'll get it cheaper! :cool:

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved (and have been since we moved into our house 3 years ago & being on city water) that our water bills, even thought we are in the "minimum usage" category (for the two of us, NOT watering our lawn EVER), our water bills run close to $60!!!. :mad:

I estimated with 3 kids in our old house, our well running (for household water) added about $30 to our power bill.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved that when I tried 303 Aerospace Protectant on the matte finish plastic gray areas my new Ryker, (as it was recommended at another message board), I found that It is GREAT if your bike (or whatever) is garage kept, and you just keep it there & just admire it. But if not so, then not so much, it is not so great. :mad:

If your vehicle is left outside overnight, dew causes streaks in the finish, whereby where the dew ran off, there are dull streaks, as it washes/rinses away the protectant. Plus, the protectant make your vehicle a magnet for particulates; both in the air when parked, and road particulates. So what good is the protectant??? Seems like the cure is worse than the disease. :(

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved that after the engine blew in our BMW X5 xDrive 35d, and spending $4,000 on a good used low mileage engine, and $3,500 on labor for engine swap, I am told that now I have to spend another $800 for a pair of turbos, as the ones from old engine are no good too. :mad: So now turbos from used engine will be reunited with the engines, as they were NOT included with engine. :confused:

Had I known that it would cost THAT much to restore, I might have scrapped the body instead. :(

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved that the dark chocolate square from ALDI that was made in Spain I just ate had someone's fingernail clippings in it!!! :mad:

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely serendipitized that an ongoing electrical bugaboo in our Y2K+14 Cruze has been solved with a free "special warranty" at the dealer, whereby they replaced the battery ground cable.

Special warranties apparently apply to problems that appear at an unusually rate, but yet there is no recall for it. They said two others apply to our vehicle; one for water pump leaking coolant, and one for the accelerator pedal actually breaking off! Neither one of those affected our car (yet).

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I'm peeved that our 3 year old stove has a bugaboo; the smaller burner of the dual burner is on HIGH, even though the controller is set to LOW. :confused: I'm ordering a replacement controller.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
Serendipity! After my lower back surgery, they either didn't put in catheter, or the removed it BEFORE I woke up when they were done.

It sometimes hurts like HELL when yanked out!!!

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I am super super gee golly extraordnary (sic) deluxely (sic) powerfully & extremely peeved that whilst biting some skin on my thumb, a small chunk of the corner of my front top tooth broke off!!! :mad: