To have/get a trade deal with (someone or an entity)

Jun 2013
Earth
Donald Trump claimed that India wants to have a trade deal with America primarily to keep him happy. During his White House news conference on Monday, October 1, 2018, Trump referred India as a “tariff king” and reiterated his allegations that New Delhi has a high tariff rate on various American products.

In view of this, I coin the expression "to have/get a trade deal with (someone or an entity, e.g. a country)” as an idiom to denote “primarily to keep someone or an entity happy”. The following sentences show how to use the new expression:

(a) As the hungry baby was crying in the cradle, the anxious mother rushed to have a trade deal with him by feeding him.

(b) As the jealous husband was angry with his wife for smiling at every man she met, the woman had a trade deal with him by promising to smile at him only.

(c) As the president failed to get a trade deal with his people, he was voted out in the next election.

(d) The man asked his girlfriend, "Do you want a trade deal with me now?" His girlfriend replied angrily: "Stop kidding! It's not party time but parting time. I am going to marry my new boyfriend next week."

(e) The sadistic husband asked his wife: "Are you ready to have a trade deal with me tonight?" His wife retorted: "I have enough of your domestic violence. I am going to hit back tonight."

(f) The bully asked his victim: "From today onwards, I am going to double my protection fees. Are you ready to have a trade deal with me by paying me your new monthly protection fee of $200 now?"

His victim replied: "I have been learning kungfu secretly under Bruce Lee for the past six months. Now I want you to have a trade deal with me by paying me a monthly protection fee of $300 instead, otherwise I shall break your neck with my powerful kungfu chop."

(g) The king spoke to his people on television: "My fellow countrymen, ask not what your country can do to have a trade deal with you, ask what you can do to have a trade deal with your country."

(h) The hermit sage spoke to a visiting politician: "My honourable president, ask not how the world can have a trade deal with you, ask how you can have a trade deal with the world."

(i) The legendry wise man spoke to his audience: “Don’t expect the climate to have a trade deal with us. Instead we should get a trade deal with Nature by treating it as though it is our sole newborn baby.”

Source: https://www.india.com/news/world/do...-with-us-primarily-to-keep-him-happy-3358115/

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
This president does not negotiate from a position of weakness. He looks for ways to get the US a better deal, just as he did in the renegotiation of NAFTA and the trade deal with China. Trump announced future increases that would be coming. Then negotiated with the each party to get a better deal for the US. Many people do not like it when President Trump wins but his wins will benefit the country.