Trump cancels UK visit… so much for the ‘special relationship’

Oct 2012
NC
I am sure many Brits would love to have a leader like Trump. The ones who opted for Brexit, for example.

the self-loathing brits that wish their culture to be washed away by an EU on the other hand...

Mar 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
I am sure many Brits would love to have a leader like Trump. The ones who opted for Brexit, for example.

the self-loathing brits that wish their culture to be washed away by an EU on the other hand...
I shouldn't put money on it, or on his polite reception, if he insists on forcing himself on us. I can't comment on Brexit: it is a bit like drugs, an American sort of thing. The majority, on all the evidence, have got over it.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I expected better from the Brits. So much for their self perceived superiority.
Where'd you get that frame of reference from....self perceived superiority....we don't all come from the set of Downton Abbey!!!...anyway....I'm reasonably certain many in the world expected better from a US Presidential office holder but that expectation evaporated rather swifty when he started talking!!

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
It must be difficult to realise that the loutish bullies you so admire seem to others to be gross untouchables. It must have been the French letting you loose before you'd been civilized.
I love telling Americans that if they were sensible, they would petition the British to take them on again as a colony until they are ready for self-government.