Trump retweets inflammatory and unverified anti-Muslim videos

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
- that you would be ok with your freedom curtailed.
- that you don't see that this would lead to further curtailments based on politics and popularity and power grabs
- that you think making speech criminal eradicates the views/thoughts behind the words
Just a question but have you ever been to the UK or Europe for any length of time?

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
popularity or lack thereof and vitriol of the sick left doesn't undue the fact that he is our president. your president.
He's not my president. I don't view anything he does as legitimate or legal. He is a traitor to the Republic and an agent of Russia and deserves the associated punishments.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
He's not my president. I don't view anything he does as legitimate or legal. He is a traitor to the Republic and an agent of Russia and deserves the associated punishments.
You should find another (i.e. BETTER) country then. Good luck with that!

Oct 2012
NC
Just a question but have you ever been to the UK or Europe for any length of time?
Yes, but it has been over a decade.

the Scottish people were a highlight . Very kind and helpful.
London was a lowlight. The trash union was on strike and garbage overflowed every trash can spilling onto the sidewalks.

why do you ask?

ever spend time in the US?

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
If you are a citizen he is.

But don't worry, we run elections every 4 years. Try supporting a better candidate next time and you might have better luck.

:rolleyes:
No, as a citizen it is my duty to ignore him. As a legal matter Ryan is president since Pence is caught up in the same treasonous activities. In a few months this failed attempt at dictatorship will be cleaned up and you'll be pretending you never supported Trump, same as you lot did after Bush the Lesser was out of power.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
No, as a citizen it is my duty to ignore him. As a legal matter Ryan is president since Pence is caught up in the same treasonous activities. In a few months this failed attempt at dictatorship will be cleaned up and you'll be pretending you never supported Trump, same as you lot did after Bush the Lesser was out of power.
What happened? :unsure:

Oct 2012
NC
... In a few months this failed attempt at dictatorship will be cleaned up and you'll be pretending you never supported Trump, same as you lot did after Bush the Lesser was out of power.
you either have me confused with someone else or you are imploring the faulty mindreading technique tecoyah is so fond of using.

Oct 2012
NC
exhibit A:
faulty mind-reading technique:

While I understand that in your mind anyone who questions Trump, does not worship him, actually looks into his questionable past or even stands up for our Constitution is instantly a dirty leftist Liberal communist there is still truth and reality in this country.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I was just trying to get a handle on your perspective. From your posts you seem to have this quasi-dystopian view of the UK; its citizens labouring under the some kind of Orwellian yoke of functional control. We have laws as you have posted and we have common decency as I hope you have experienced. As in every country there are good and bad points but taking the dsyfunctional elements and displaying them as beacons of right is just...well crass. But I guess that's where you are now in the US?

ever spend time in the US?
Yes like you many years ago... more years than I care to remember...in the mid-1980s I was on a NATO exchange program for 9 months at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.

Oct 2012
NC
I was just trying to get a handle on your perspective. From your posts you seem to have this quasi-dystopian view of the UK; its citizens labouring under the some kind of Orwellian yoke of functional control. We have laws as you have posted and we have common decency as I hope you have experienced. As in every country there are good and bad points but taking the dsyfunctional elements and displaying them as beacons of right is just...well crass. But I guess that's where you are now in the US?

Yes like you many years ago... more years than I care to remember...in the mid-1980s I was on a NATO exchange program for 9 months at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
I'm a big fan of the UK and its rich cultural history. I worry about it losing itself by way of PC and the kind of self-loathing espoused by leftist elites. You can and should be proud of who you are as a country.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky

I would hope you accept that the United States has a very diverse population that has led to extremely different opinions and mindsets, some of which have adapted positions that may run counter to our traditional path of freedom and rights as of late. Most of our citizenry is opposed to what is happening here and will work to correct it when it becomes possible, please be patient as we must be as well.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I'm a big fan of the UK and its rich cultural history. I worry about it losing itself by way of PC and the kind of self-loathing espoused by leftist elites. You can and should be proud of who you are as a country.
I can only agree with you indeed I would go further and suggest that the rich diversity of debate is being drowned out by the heckler. There are numerous cases in the UK where plays and cultural events have been abandoned and cancelled because they have inflamed the ire of some small group of hecklers advancing their own interpretation of "alarm or distress" or "racial hatred" (as per your posting of the disorder act above). How does one interpret these terms? The law's intention is to provide protection from "distress" which may be a crime under the act as opposed to "offense" which may not be.

I am not a great fan of social media (especially for "political" purposes) in fact I hate the concept of it with a passion because of the impact it can have on people, their lives and their reputations. Social media like chat forums are a natural home for the heckler and the extremist. They can babble their message no matter how offensive or stupid and that message can then be passed on and on; the more it is transmitted the more it is read the more febrile the reactions become. The Trump re-tweets being a case in point, they have become a rallying cry for the extremeist.

For me its not about being PC or whatever your interpretation of that is, its the legitamisation of the heckler and the extremeist. For me Trump embodies this manifestation by not only his words but actions as well, he is becoming an incubator for extremism in order to further his political agenda at the cost of the rich diversity of debate.