Trump signs Hong Kong rights bill into law

Jun 2013
Earth
1. WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump signed bipartisan legislation Wednesday aimed at supporting protesters in Hong Kong, ignoring warnings from Beijing that the measure would be met with "strong countermeasures" during a standoff over trade....

"I signed these bills out of respect for President Xi, China, and the people of Hong Kong," Trump said in a statement. "They are being enacted in the hope that leaders and representatives of China and Hong Kong will be able to amicably settle their differences leading to long term peace and prosperity for all."...

2. Using the "Psycho" analogy for the signing of the so-called pro-Hong Kong rights bill, the Psycho recovered from his heel injury after three months of recuperation. After leading his victim to an open space outside his castle, he ordered his servants to cuff and shackle the victim's hands and feet for the second phase of the duel.

Giving his victim a wicked smile, the Psycho said: "Sorry, I have to bind you hand and foot out of respect for you. This will be the duel of the century."

The victim retorted: "Out of respect for me?! What a joke!"

The Psycho laughed: "Don't work yourself up over nothing."

The victim shouted: "According to our agreement, I am allowed to use my legs freely for the second phase of the duel, but you skip to phase four instead."

The Psycho said: "As far as I can remember, you are supposed to be bound hand and foot for the second phase of the duel. If you think there is any deviation from the truth, there must be something wrong with your ears."

The victim said: "You have the exceptional talent of telling lies fearlessly in front of a lie detector."

The Psycho laughed: "How can an honorable man like me tell any lie?"

The victim replied: "The media have been keeping a huge database of your false or misleading claims since you became the leader of your clan."

The Psycho exclaimed: "Fake news! Fake news! Fake news everywhere!"

The victim laughed: "To you, all bad reports about you are fake news."

The Psycho winked and said: "Keep calm, my friend, keep calm. I have said openly many times that you are 'an incredible guy' and 'a friend of mine'. We shall always be friends, no matter what happens with our dispute.” :)

The victim laughed bitterly: "You are talking with your head in the cloud and your mouth at your very bottom. You have the cheek to call me your friend when you can't even pronounce my name correctly. Whenever you mispronounce my name, you seem to see me as a delicious piece of cheese for breakfast."