United States fighter jet sale to Saudi Arabia

Aug 2011
The US will be selling $29.4 billion of fighter jets to Saudi Arabia in a move that proponents suggest will help create domestic jobs and make the middle east more stable as worries about Iran continue to exist. The sale includes 84 new aircraft and upgrades to older jets.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/29/us-usa-arms-saudiarabia-idUSTRE7BS0LJ20111229
They're paying all that for OLD F-15s?? They should be selling them F-22s to keep that assembly line running.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
The US will be selling $29.4 billion of fighter jets to Saudi Arabia in a move that proponents suggest will help create domestic jobs and make the middle east more stable as worries about Iran continue to exist. The sale includes 84 new aircraft and upgrades to older jets.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/29/us-usa-arms-saudiarabia-idUSTRE7BS0LJ20111229
When the monarchy comes crashing down (and it will sooner rather then later) and we end up with a jihadist theocracy, we're going to be kicking ourselves.

Jan 2009
When the monarchy comes crashing down (and it will sooner rather then later) and we end up with a jihadist theocracy, we're going to be kicking ourselves.
"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

The probability of what you said happening is low and I think you are just being sensationalist once again.

Oct 2011
White man's dilemma

White man wants to sell arms (obsolete??) to boost its own economy and also complains of its misuse by the buyer. Its like 'want to have the cake and eat it too'. Always manipulating how to control others.

Feb 2011
Canada
They're paying all that for OLD F-15s?? They should be selling them F-22s to keep that assembly line running.
None too bright, are we? The F-22 CANNOT be sold outside of the USA, from what I have learned. Apparently, the Americans do not wish to see the technology sold as it is highly-classified. The only stealth fighter the USA can sell would be the F-35, which my country's government is purchasing, something I have been demanding they stop. We have no use for such planes as they are incapable of handling our tough weather. Even the CF-18 Hornets we have in our airforce are falling apart. I have asked my government to purchase Russian fighters. They are better capable of handling such weather.

Feb 2011
Canada
No doubt the Israelis will have something to say about the sale. I should like to bet the US suddenly lowers the numbers involved in the sale. No way is Israel going to allow Saudi Arabia to own 88 new fighters.

Jan 2009
White man wants to sell arms (obsolete??) to boost its own economy and also complains of its misuse by the buyer. Its like 'want to have the cake and eat it too'. Always manipulating how to control others.
What does white have anything to do with this? We are talking about a country- the United States, not a race. Also, even our president is black :p

Oh and Saudi Arabia is an ally ;)

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
What does white have anything to do with this? We are talking about a country- the United States, not a race. Also, even our president is black :p

1/2 black. His mom is whiter then me. :p

US will give another billion to pacify Israel

No doubt the Israelis will have something to say about the sale. I should like to bet the US suddenly lowers the numbers involved in the sale. No way is Israel going to allow Saudi Arabia to own 88 new fighters.
US will give another billion to pacify Israel :)

Do not take it literally - It is just a figure of speech

Ally - that is BS. It is an economic benefit to US.
"White man" is just a figure of speech. Like Obamacare etc.

Jan 2009
Ally - that is BS. It is an economic benefit to US.
The Saudi government considers us allies and the United States government considers them allies. You and I personally have no say in the matter.

"White man" is just a figure of speech. Like Obamacare etc.
It is not a figure of speech. It is incredibly wrong, foolish, and idiotic. The "white man" has nothing to do with anything here.

Feb 2011
Canada
The Saudi government considers us allies and the United States government considers them allies. You and I personally have no say in the matter.

It is not a figure of speech. It is incredibly wrong, foolish, and idiotic. The "white man" has nothing to do with anything here.
The USA and Saudi Arabia are allies only economically. The US needs their oil, even if they receive by far more of their oil from my country. It is a case of the USA sucking the mighty Arab balls to curry favour.

Jan 2009
The USA and Saudi Arabia are allies only economically. The US needs their oil, even if they receive by far more of their oil from my country. It is a case of the USA sucking the mighty Arab balls to curry favour.
Make whatever excuse you need to, but they are allies. And most alliances on the international stage don't happen because the countries are like schoolyard children making friends- it's because there is a benefit to friendship. That is how the world is- there is often a benefit to working together that helps all parties involved and that is why your antiquated racist views put you at such a disadvantage.

Feb 2011
Canada
Make whatever excuse you need to, but they are allies. And most alliances on the international stage don't happen because the countries are like schoolyard children making friends- it's because there is a benefit to friendship. That is how the world is- there is often a benefit to working together that helps all parties involved and that is why your antiquated racist views put you at such a disadvantage.
Tell me, if the Saudis had not any oil, would the USA today be an 'ally' of theirs? A most laughable tale of yours.

Jan 2009
Tell me, if the Saudis had not any oil, would the USA today be an 'ally' of theirs? A most laughable tale of yours.
I think they might still be friends because of the strategic location and cooperation that they give us. But I never denied that the friendship is helped by benefits. Go read my last post again. Virtually all international friendships are driven BECAUSE of benefits seen in the eyes of the two sides.

Feb 2011
Canada
I think they might still be friends because of the strategic location and cooperation that they give us. But I never denied that the friendship is helped by benefits. Go read my last post again. Virtually all international friendships are driven BECAUSE of benefits seen in the eyes of the two sides.
Those same benefits which could be taken away immediately. Odd, since the majority of the bombers of 9-11 were Saudis. You Americans have a strange sense of humour. You should have INVADED Saudi Arabia, not become friends with them.

Jan 2009
Those same benefits which could be taken away immediately. Odd, since the majority of the bombers of 9-11 were Saudis. You Americans have a strange sense of humour. You should have INVADED Saudi Arabia, not become friends with them.
Yea, you have no idea how diplomacy or military strategy works or how to think rationally. If the 9-11 bombers were Saudis- so what? They don't represent the country. If a Canadian is a hateful murderer, does that make you a hateful murderer? Or one that might hit home more with you: some of your fellow Canadians are pro-freedom for all races. Does that make you pro-freedom for all races (sad that you aren't but it gets my point across)? Stop stereotyping and learn how to think. You might even realize your current views are completely wrong.