WAR WITH IRAN!

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
The war has started as Iran fires missiles at U.S bases in Iraq....no link available yet.

Dec 2019
U.S. Arkansas
Hurrah , Time to take out their nuclear facilities , Oil refineries , crude oil production , and their miniature navy .

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
The war has started as Iran fires missiles at U.S bases in Iraq....no link available yet.
Just warning shots becuase there was speculation all the revenge talk was for show. If cool heads prevail, nothing happens. If not, the next round of missiles will aim to kill and the UAE and Israel will be targets.

I actually doubt Israel being a target, they publicly declared their neutrality yesterday which goes out the window if Iranian bombs start falling. More a bone thrown to the religious nuts. UAE tough? Already fighting indirectly becuase of Yemen, so I'd legit be GTFO if I was in Dubai right now.

Reactions: tecoyah
Jan 2020
Wherever I am needed
Once again we see the occupants of the Oval office taking an aggressive and belligerent stance towards the ME. There is an excellent timeline in this article which demonstrates how it has transpired from the original arbitrary and capricious betrayal of the combined efforts of multiple nations to deescalate the Iranian nuclear program.

We already have more than enough experience when it comes to the egregious expenditure of lives, limbs and trillions of taxpayer dollars to know that it is utterly stupid to engage in yet another asymmetrical forever war in the Middle East.

But stupidity is the defining hallmark of the current regime.

ITMFA!

Jan 2020
Pacific Northwest
Trump remains the Chief Liar. In his speech this morning he blamed Obama saying the missiles fired at US troops were bought with money Obama gave Iran.

Iran had investments in the US. Due to Iran's behavior Obama froze those assets. In due time, as Iran agreed to conditions, those IRANIAN assets were released. THAT is the money Trump-the-liar lied about.

Dec 2019
U.S. Arkansas
Trump remains the Chief Liar. In his speech this morning he blamed Obama saying the missiles fired at US troops were bought with money Obama gave Iran.

Iran had investments in the US. Due to Iran's behavior Obama froze those assets. In due time, as Iran agreed to conditions, those IRANIAN assets were released. THAT is the money Trump-the-liar lied about.
Wrong again -- He was talking about the pallets of cash sent to Iran , delivered during the night and left on the tormac . Accompliments of our first Musslim president Obama .

Dec 2019
U.S. Arkansas
I would prefer members tried to use truthful dialogue vs. fabricated talking points when posting here.
When our only moderator can not different truth from fiction and tries to promote fiction . I think it is time for me to find my entertainment elsewhere . I can say poking a stick at the zombies waddling along chanting " get Trump " has a certain amount of entertainment value . You guys can keep on trying to shore up each others confidence that somehow Democrats will regain power . Some people simply can not handle the truth .

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
When our only moderator can not different truth from fiction and tries to promote fiction . I think it is time for me to find my entertainment elsewhere . I can say poking a stick at the zombies waddling along chanting " get Trump " has a certain amount of entertainment value . You guys can keep on trying to shore up each others confidence that somehow Democrats will regain power . Some people simply can not handle the truth .
It is unfortunate, though not surprising (considering your attitude elsewhere) that you are so offended by my request you avoid presenting inaccuracies and untruth. That said you are certainly free to play wherever you wish.

Have A Nice Day:)

Reactions: DerideoTe and Kode
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
He refers to this:
"
Reporting from Washington —
The Obama administration is acknowledging its transfer of $1.7 billion to Iran earlier this year was made entirely in cash, using non-U.S. currency, as Republican critics of the transaction continued to denounce the payments.
Treasury Department spokeswoman Dawn Selak said in a statement late Tuesday that the cash payments were necessary because of the “effectiveness of U.S. and international sanctions,” which isolated Iran from the international finance system.
The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a decades-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. An initial $400 million of euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners."

My issue was in his Muslim comment and the intended insult.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Trump and Iran seem to have cooled off. Both sides are declaring peace. That said, we kinda killed a bunch of Iraqi brass along with the Iranian general and they ain't exactly pleased... They could still start shit so we're not totally out of the woods until either the Iraqis openly declare peaceful intent like Iran did or we GTFO (as the Iraqi government ordered anyway).

Reactions: tecoyah
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I am not a Mod by the way....this place does not have one.

• Sad
Reactions: David
Jan 2020
Wherever I am needed
Trump and Iran seem to have cooled off. Both sides are declaring peace. That said, we kinda killed a bunch of Iraqi brass along with the Iranian general and they ain't exactly pleased... They could still start shit so we're not totally out of the woods until either the Iraqis openly declare peaceful intent like Iran did or we GTFO (as the Iraqi government ordered anyway).
Odds are the Iranians will come up with some kind of retaliation that will be both effective from their POV and cannot be traced directly back to themselves.

Oct 2012
NC
I would prefer members tried to use truthful dialogue vs. fabricated talking points when posting here.

I don't think calling out truth or fabrications as a sort of warning helps here.

people are entitled to their thoughts or beliefs and this is what forums like this are really about more than "facts'. its about what people think and how they interpret the facts that makes up debate and good banter.

by example, your title indicated,

That's not actually factual (a war didn't start) but it could one day. it was your thoughts about the "facts" that you heard about.
I'm not picking at you. I just mean to show here that there is a lot of room for facts and thoughts and beliefs.