Was it right for Obama to interfere in a police matter?

Mar 2009
What do you you think? Was it right for the President to interfere and take sides in a police matter?
A new poll by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center found that 41 percent disapproved of Obama's handling of the Gates arrest, compared with 29 percent who approved. The poll also found that nearly 80 percent of Americans said they are now aware of Obama's comments on the matter.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090730/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_harvard_scholar

No.He has already proved he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He'd be alot better of just to try to keep his mouth shut for the next three and a half years.He wants to be popular much more than he wants to help the country,so it would be in his and our best interest for him to simply shut up.

Jan 2013
Delaware
No, it wasn't right. I realize that he was asked a question but he could have easily sidestepped the issue without getting involved in it. Instead, he dove head first into the conflict and took sides, without knowing the facts by his own admission!

In short, he acted...stupidly.

Mar 2009
No, it wasn't right. I realize that he was asked a question but he could have easily sidestepped the issue without getting involved in it. Instead, he dove head first into the conflict and took sides, without knowing the facts by his own admission!

In short, he acted...stupidly.
My thoughts exactly. He forgot he was President of the United States.