What did you learn?

Oct 2012
NC
Imagine you die and find yourself in the afterlife. Some sentient being ushers you to a room with a pen and scroll.

he says to you, "you have experienced ___ years of life. Please detail on this scroll what of significance you have learned from your journey on Earth."

what do you write?

Oct 2012
NC
St. Peter,
people are corrupted, I am corrupted. it was difficult to be trapped in a human biological body with all its urges and instincts and to try to rise above them. sometimes people do good in spite of great obstacles that seek to prevent them from doing good. trauma gets past down over generations . things were sometimes not better in the "good ole days". good and evil times are cyclical . some Christians behaved better than some atheists, some atheists behaved better than some Christians . despite this all fall short of your standard.

Oct 2012
NC
Also St. Peter, some people seemed to have great difficulty with learning. I once new a guy who drove off people from a forum by posting continual GIFs , but he never seemed to learn that...

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
Also St. Peter, some people seemed to have great difficulty with learning. I once new a guy who drove off people from a forum by posting continual GIFs , but he never seemed to learn that...
LOL. Don't recall that happening to anyone.

Oct 2012
NC
just poking at you. the GIFs suck but , you know that.

when I said your standard, I meant God's standard, not St. Peter's standard.

you know God has a standard , right?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Imagine you die and find yourself in the afterlife. Some sentient being ushers you to a room with a pen and scroll.

he says to you, "you have experienced ___ years of life. Please detail on this scroll what of significance you have learned from your journey on Earth."

what do you write?
Life is Pain, Pain is Knowledge and Knowledge is Life. Also that Karma is a real thing designed to instill compassion and minimize negativity in people.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
I have learned to live day by day. Every day is like a new beginning. You may have had a bad day, but it only means tomorrow will likely be much better. Also, look a the big picture and not fret over occasional setbacks.

Reactions: tecoyah
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I have learned to live day by day. Every day is like a new beginning. You may have had a bad day, but it only means tomorrow will likely be much better. Also, look a the big picture and not fret over occasional setbacks.
There is great wisdom to be found in that.