What I see as wrong with America.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Has been dropped before us all today...proclaimed inadvertently by the very worst humanity has produced after an evolution that created the Einstiens, Mother Theresas, and incredible advances in health, prosperity, and societal growth we still need to deal with the Rush Limbaughs of our world.

I heard him called a toothless walrus, and it was fitting after seeing his rant on Chris Christie...seems he has a man love for Obama because he is acting like the Governor of a state in destruction mode.

Between this putz, and my own representatives (KY), this is what is wrong.

You do not state from the onset you will do whatever it takes to stop your own President, if you wish to help him/her succeed in helping the people that voted you in.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Limbaugh is an outlier. He does not represent anything close to the median and his views don't really matter when it comes to deciding elections thankfully.

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
There is much worse out there than rush, and you can just not listen, he is a talk show host for gods sake, that's it. He is nothing but a cheerleader.

Don't listen to his show, bam just like that all of his power is gone.

there is way worse people saying way worse things. Rush is of no concern.

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
On his on? Yes, but...

1 doesn't mean much but 1X1,000 and things start getting bad. If Rush, Fox and MSN were to go poof, I doubt any civilized American would shed a tear.
Is there a point you are trying to make?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Is there a point you are trying to make?
That saying a blowhard is nothing but there are a lot of bad blowhards is stupid? You can't say there's a problem and ignore a contributor to that problem like it's nothing. At least not if you want to be taken seriously.

Still, I shouldn't expect much from you on complex issues.

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
That saying a blowhard is nothing but there are a lot of bad blowhards is stupid? You can't say there's a problem and ignore a contributor to that problem like it's nothing. At least not if you want to be taken seriously.

Still, I shouldn't expect much from you on complex issues.
No need for the snarky insults.

He is not a problem, just an opinion. He is apparently persuasive but he really is just persuading people to vote republican.

What problem does he cause by being a blow hard whatever that is?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
The last time public opinion was this partisan, there was a civil war and 1/2 the country ended up under a military junta for 2 decades. ;) I'd rather avoid a repeat.

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
The last time public opinion was this partisan, there was a civil war and 1/2 the country ended up under a military junta for 2 decades. ;) I'd rather avoid a repeat.
Then just agree with rush.

I agree we are deeply partisan and devided. But both sides of it are equally to blame.
Rush and conservative republicans represent arguably half of our nation. Unless we relent on BOTH sides there will be no peace.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
...snip...

He, and others like him, create a divisive mindset that is (In my opinion), not just the opposite of healthy dialogue but destructive to the idea of productive government. By spewing his "Opinions"(which are little more than fabricated hate speech), he can and does sway a weak mind to negativity and hate.

Rather than helping the country to come together, he actively tries to tear it apart. Unfortunately he seems to succeed in moving the most vulnerable to this vitriol so far to the right they cannot even see the left anymore at a time when the middle is required for progress.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
...snip...

I agree we are deeply partisan and devided. But both sides of it are equally to blame.
Hardly equal....unless you know of a left leaning version of Rush, Glenn Beck, Anne Coulter, Hannity....etc...

If so, would you please tell us who they are...because I wish to add them to my list of what is wrong with our country.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Hardly equal....unless you know of a left leaning version of Rush, Glenn Beck, Anne Coulter, Hannity....etc...

If so, would you please tell us who they are...because I wish to add them to my list of what is wrong with our country.
There was a Floridian Congressman but he got booted out of the gov't.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009

Michael Moore, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann- actually most of those people with their own political shows tend to be very partisan and anti-intellectual. I am sure there are exceptions, but both sides have a lot of these.

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas

Cnn, nbc, abc, every actor, kanye west.

the problem is that people allow these people to sway them. When people have no mind of their own, they will be lead into the darkness.

Aside from helping people see things as they are minus the rhetoric. what can you do?

What has he done that is so wrong? I don't listen to his show, he just seems to be arepublican waterboy. He isn't telling people to kill each other, he really is just staying why his party is right in his opinion and why obama is bad for our nation.

If you don't think the american people are capable of making up their own minds without rush then our problems are way bigger than a right wing talk show.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Cnn, nbc, abc, every actor, kanye west.

the problem is that people allow these people to sway them. When people have no mind of their own, they will be lead into the darkness.

Aside from helping people see things as they are minus the rhetoric. what can you do?

What has he done that is so wrong? I don't listen to his show, he just seems to be arepublican waterboy. He isn't telling people to kill each other, he really is just staying why his party is right in his opinion and why obama is bad for our nation.

If you don't think the american people are capable of making up their own minds without rush then our problems are way bigger than a right wing talk show.
He calls his callers stupid if they don't agree with every word he says, he calls his rivals un-American and hangs up on any caller that challenges his propaganda. He's a good for nothing subversive.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Michael Moore, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann- actually most of those people with their own political shows tend to be very partisan and anti-intellectual. I am sure there are exceptions, but both sides have a lot of these.
Do they make things up, Lie, and blow spittle into the Air?

Do they call people sluts, call leadership man love, or get nasty on the Air?

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
He calls his callers stupid if they don't agree with every word he says, he calls his rivals un-American and hangs up on any caller that challenges his propaganda. He's a good for nothing subversive.
Then why worry about him?

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Do they make things up, Lie, and blow spittle into the Air?

Do they call people sluts, call leadership man love, or get nasty on the Air?
I don't know about all that because frankly I stopped paying attention to those people on both sides a while ago. I do know that they often purposefully misrepresent facts and are extremely anti-intellectualist in making their arguments though. To me that is about as bad since some people still take them seriously.

They also like to make blatant attacks on the opposing side.