What if the Soviet Union never broke apart?

Mar 2009
I haven't really kept a good eye on Russia - it's run by gangsters.
I like your way with words. I can imagine it is pretty much right on the number. How would you describe the people running the US and the UK, who really runs these two countries? :)

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
I like your way with words. I can imagine it is pretty much right on the number. How would you describe the people running the US and the UK, who really runs these two countries? :)
For the US - the Federal Reserve.

Of course, businessmen and gangsters are never too far apart. The difference is, one uses illegal means in secret.

As for the UK, the City of London (by which i mean the financial district).

Mar 2009

Of course, businessmen and gangsters are never too far apart. The difference is, one uses illegal means in secret.

Sounds right on the number. And you are right too, I wonder whether there is a very big difference between gangsters and businessmen. The businessmen often do it much more subtly. And then have access to manipulate Government too, as Government invariably does not know how to manage money, and always needs businessmen to help. Tactics is just a more psychological always than violent with a whole group of lawyers to use to bale them out all the time.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky

This is quite pertinent right now.