What is the greatest invention of all time?

May 12, 2010
I think simply telephone is the greatest invention of all time because it is the base of all technological advancement especially the internet.

May 22, 2010
I would have to say that the greatest invention would have to be the invention of the wheel, that has led to motorization and so on.

There are other important inventions as well, electricity being one of the most important in recent history.

Dec 27, 2009
The Aztecs did not utilise the wheel. And were successful.
I fail to see how they were successful, since they are no more, sure they accomplished feats of engineering, there's no denying that, but weren't they knocked off by the Spanish who had wheel technology?

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
I fail to see how they were successful, since they are no more, sure they accomplished feats of engineering, there's no denying that, but weren't they knocked off by the Spanish who had wheel technology?
I don't really think the wheel had that much to do with it - more the smallpox outbreak. ;)

However, i was merely meaning they successfully operated an advanced civilisation without the wheel.

May 25, 2010
Fuhgeddaboudit, New York
I think that for this one, I am just going to go with batteries.. I can't imagine what communication, and transportation would be like without it.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
They kicked Spanish ass. After chasing off the Spanish however, they all got sick. The Spanish found out, recruited some of the locals that didn't like living under Aztec rule and took over.

Jul 21, 2011
I agree a hundred per cent. History is an amazing subject, and it could stop bad things happening once again because the children could then learn about the awful stuff what has happened and you would know how to stop the problem and not to do it. Also because I really like the subject.

Aug 13, 2011
The printing press. Until then most information was tightly controlled and available to only a very small percentage of the population. Everything modern flows from this source.

Feb 24, 2011
Canada
H. Eerectus actually.

Yes you did.

Where are the Romans? The Carthaginians? The Mughals? A civilization not lasting into infinity doesn't discredit them.
Romans, still around in the form of Italians. The Carthaginians, crushed by the Romans. The Mughals, no one cares. Need I go on?