what will end us?!?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
If I can kill it, it isn't immortal.
Mortality is death.
Biological immortality is not death from living (which is what kills most people). true immortality is impossible unless you can go to new universes at will as you've already noted.

Feb 8, 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
Biological immortality is not death from living (which is what kills most people). true immortality is impossible unless you can go to new universes at will as you've already noted.
Immortal means not mortal.

From the Latin in mortalis. In meaning not and martalis meaning dying.

If it can be killed it can die therefore it cannot be immortal, nothing is unless of course it doesn't live.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Immortal means not mortal.

From the Latin in mortalis. In meaning not and martalis meaning dying.

If it can be killed it can die therefore it cannot be immortal, nothing is unless of course it doesn't live.
Biological immortality means you won't die of old age, it is not the same thing as true immortality. To redirect this back to the point I was making, if I can expect to not get old and die, the whole "I'll be dead, so I don't care" attitude no longer applies.

Feb 8, 2013
Biological immortality means you won't die of old age, it is not the same thing as true immortality. To redirect this back to the point I was making, if I can expect to not get old and die, the whole "I'll be dead, so I don't care" attitude no longer applies.
You can expect giant purple unicorns to rain down from the moon but it doesn't make it likely.

You will die period.

My argument isn't that I will be dead so who cares, it'sthatall of this doomsday talk is hokem so I don't care.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
You can expect giant purple unicorns to rain down from the moon but it doesn't make it likely.

You will die period.

My argument isn't that I will be dead so who cares, it'sthatall of this doomsday talk is hokem so I don't care.
I wasn't responding to you though. You just butted in. ;)

Feb 8, 2013
I wasn't responding to you though. You just butted in. ;)
You posted a public message in an open forum. I did not butt in, I simply joined the conversion. Now had this been a private conversion then yes you could say that.