Whats going to happen in 2012?

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
I believe you can buy it both hard and soft bound.

Hmm, I'm not sure if human cloning will be possible by 2012, but I would say definitely within the next decade or two. We can already clone non-human species. One of the main problems that's holding back human cloning is the ethical implications.
Yes. Because the Church is actually against it. It like making an artificial life. And thus saying that only God can create life. I actually believe what they said.

But to make advancement in technology, we need to do these kinds of experiments. Do you agree with me?

Mar 15, 2009
But to make advancement in technology, we need to do these kinds of experiments. Do you agree with me?
Definitely, I'm all for the advancement of technology - especially stem cell research and genetic engineering. The medical benefits that will arise from fields like these will be huge.

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
Definitely, I'm all for the advancement of technology - especially stem cell research and genetic engineering. The medical benefits that will arise from fields like these will be huge.
It can cure lots of diseases especially diseases that don't have definite cure like cancer, autism, and many others. It is all for medical reasons.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I'll throw a party. Would you like to come? Don't drink too much - there'll be the morning after to contend with.
I may take you up on that. :p

My plan is to buy up all the dirt cheep stuff 'believers' will be selling in the mistaken belief that they'll all be dead the next day.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
I may take you up on that. :p

My plan is to buy up all the dirt cheep stuff 'believers' will be selling in the mistaken belief that they'll all be dead the next day.
Good idea. Houses for sale on Ebay?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Good idea. Houses for sale on Ebay?
Remember the massive hoarding and selling off over Y2K? I could sell toilet paper for $50 a roll and a houses for $100 (pitching the home sales as a good way to rise End of the World Party funds).

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
Hell, the moment Dec. 22 hits the (misunderstood) prophecy is disproven.
I'm looking forward to Winter solstice in 2012. Probably going to be much more fun than Xmas. Full of anticipation. And then hopefully at least some relief, and maybe even disappointment when everything stays exactly the same.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
I'm looking forward to Winter solstice in 2012. Probably going to be much more fun than Xmas. Full of anticipation. And then hopefully at least some relief, and maybe even disappointment when everything stays exactly the same.
Disappointment? As in "oh no, no apocalypse - what a shame"?

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
I was thinking of this thread today when I was watching a show on MBC about Disaster Management during Solar Storms when all the transformers on earth could be nixed and there could be a complete black out for weeks. Maybe longer, especially in remote areas. Sort of catastrophic. Some scientists believe this solar storm could happen this year or next year, so who knows, maybe we won't even get to 2012 :help:

Nasa Solar Storm Warning
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/10mar_stormwarning.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."
This is a YouTube movie of a potential Solar Storm in 2012 of disaster proportions, describing loss of all electricity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TzIUlaQok&feature=related

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2010
New York
Only reading the posts on the first page, and a few from the second page, please pardon me.

In 2012, it's only going to be a new transition to 2013. Please who live their lives worrying about this are only creating new, unneeded problems.

Besides, if the world was to end in 2012, we wouldn't live to experience or know it. Because we'd all be dead. :redface:

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
OK, let's say that 2012 should happen, or a milder version of it in the form of solar storms. How much are we prepared for disasters like these?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
OK, let's say that 2012 should happen, or a milder version of it in the form of solar storms. How much are we prepared for disasters like these?
The Swiss have bunkers for 140% of their population and 2 years of food with easy access to said bunkers from every major population center and transportation route. As for the rest of us...