When did tecoyah leave the republican party?

Oct 2012
NC
This has become a bit of a mystery here at PF.

This morning, tecoyah posted this:

The Republican Party.
It looks as though Roy Moore, the accused pedophile (overwhelming evidence shows this as highly likely) is ahead in the poles and holding onto his support. This for me is a last straw and the camels back is broken.
As Trump has decimated the respect of my country and the unified house and senate (Republican) show themselves in the light as spineless and unethical institutional thieves I have decided to officially and publically abandon this really bad joke to retain my membership as a decent human being.

Any and All previous affiliation, political activism, Support or financial contribution is hereby rescinded and to be considered null and void in all future situations, initiatives and Policy choices into perpetuity.

Have A Nice Day (Nov 2017)

While this may seem striking and may appear as quite the breaking news, in reality it is merely the latest iteration of why he is leaving (left) the republican party.

I am embarassed…To have EVER called myself Republican. The party has become absolutely un-American and continues obstruction...this time opposing protecting our Constitution. (May 2017)

It seems the Republican party and base have evolved beyond conservatism into ....whatever is now stands for. This leaves people like me, Collins, Corker, McCain....etc...out in the cold. The plethora of retirements and upcoming defection do not bode well and many voters (people I know) are likely to avoid voting or even vote Dem just to be vindictive after the rejection. In my opinion we are watching the self destruction of the once "Grand Ol' Party" because of abandonment of the Compassionate Conservative and I am no longer upset about it...Good Riddance. (Oct 2017)

I am still Republican....they are not. Actually....strike that, I no longer wish to be associated. (Nov 2012)

Christie IS unique, in that he seems alike to the Republicans mindset 20 yrs. ago....back when things seemed to work, and I was in the party. (Nov 2012)

Oct 2012
NC
by example, it seems to me more of a like a prolonged and indecisive break-up / divorce.

man: I'm leaving you because you are always sleeping around (1993)

man: I'm leaving you because you never respect my opinion (2012)

man: I'm leaving you because I'm tired of your accusations (2015)

man: I'm leaving you because you are just not a nice person. (2017)

woman: ok, leave already. I moved on a decade ago. (2017)

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Here is my transition:

I Voted for Reagan and truly liked him. I voted for Bush Sr. because he was almost Reagan, I did NOT vote Clinton because he was the opposition and untried. I voted for W because he was a Bush, I even voted for him a second time even though I did not like him much because of 9/11. I voted for McCain until Palin stepped in because she seemed an Idiot, so I just did not vote.
Once the Tea Party made strides I became concerned and the complete idiocy and obstruction throughout the Obama years pissed me off as did the inability to do anything...toward the end it was actually painful to see the fight against any progress. I also lost my own uneasiness as the recession reversed and fear subsided.
Then we had 2015/16 and the ridiculous circus the GOP put on which ended with the WOST candidate winning. I actually hoped he would lose. In my worst imaginings I never expected and was unprepared for the disaster this organization has created, which is why I have decided to officially and unequivocally remove myself from ANY affiliation with what is probably about to happen before it actually does.

That and the ethical and moral position is now completely opposed to my own.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
Why not be committed to a thorough-going reconstruction of the broken American political system?

In our time, it would make much more sense than it did in the time of the Terrorist Insurrectionists of 1776.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
'
Why not be committed to a thorough-going reconstruction of the broken American political system?

In our time, it would make much more sense than it did in the time of the Terrorist Insurrectionists of 1776.
Being a realist and understanding human nature is at times, the dealer of frustration.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
No reason to leave the party fight for your beliefs...isn't that the way its supposed to be? You can't just throw up you arms in frustration and cave.
That's the cowards way out.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
No reason to leave the party fight for your beliefs...isn't that the way its supposed to be? You can't just throw up you arms in frustration and cave.
There comes a time when regardless of intent or motivation the realities of a situation make progress obviously futile. This is one of those and the mentality of the "New Republicans" as well as their negative and spiteful words simply make me want to leave ASAP.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
The Repubs have gone full on Nazi; sieg heil, Roman salute, loyalty pledges to the party leader, etc. You don't try to reform that, you try to kill that.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
Being a realist and understanding human nature is at times, the dealer of frustration.
Obviously, nothing positive is possible at this moment in history.

THEY ALSO SERVE WHO ONLY STAND AND WAIT

One can educate oneself, organize, and be prepared to act when the sub-human, sociopathic morons who rule us collapse in utter failure and ruin.

You know, like Russia in 1917.

(Hopefully, with greater intelligence than that of the Bolshevik ideologues)

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Republican Party rallies. There's video evidence, so don't play stupid.
Please provide a link. I'd love to see. I doubt there is a single one showing such nonsense on stage at Trump rallies.

Last edited:
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Please provide a link. I'd love to see. I doubt there is a single one showing such nonsense on stage at Trump rallies.
It is extremely clear for anyone who decides to see that the "New" GOP has moved into a realm traditionally considered unacceptable in American society. The NAZI aspect is a very minor part of this but, it is certainly an indication.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
It is extremely clear for anyone who decides to see that the "New" GOP has moved into a realm traditionally considered unacceptable in American society. The NAZI aspect is a very minor part of this but, it is certainly an indication.
More like "non real" rather than "minor".