Where does Morality come from?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Many claim being good or "Moral" are elements of a God or religion, others say they do not need a God to think and do what's right.....where do you folks fall in this?

Dec 2019
U.S. Arkansas
I used to think morality came from religion up until a few months ago , but now have a different view . The reason being , I frequent a survival forum regularly and the question was brought up if you and your family were starving " would you steal ". The answer nearly ' all the people claiming to be religious said they would steal including a retired minister , The two atheist that don't believe in any kind of supreme being said " they would not steal " .

Reactions: tecoyah
Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
It is merely "monkey see, monkey do". Compare behavior in south side of Chicago to other suburbs. One does as one sees.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I used to think morality came from religion up until a few months ago , but now have a different view . The reason being , I frequent a survival forum regularly and the question was brought up if you and your family were starving " would you steal ". The answer nearly ' all the people claiming to be religious said they would steal including a retired minister , The two atheist that don't believe in any kind of supreme being said " they would not steal " .
The Atheists lied...…...plain and simple. Now if the choice was to kill someone it would be a tough call.