Who doesn't know water is wet?

Jun 2013
Earth
1(a) On September 12, 2018, Donald Trump sounded the alarm about Hurricane Florence during Oval Office press availability: "They haven't seen anything like what's coming at us in 25, 30 years, maybe ever. It's tremendously big and tremendously wet."

Who doesn't know water is wet? From the Oval Office, Trump told the entire humanity including Americans that water is wet. What could be implied from his quote about "the standpoint of water" is water can be classified as wet, wetter and wettest!

1(b) The following are excerpts from Jack Holmes' September 19, 2018 article headlined "Water, the American President Explained, Is Wet" with subheading " 'This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen, from the standpoint of water.' "

(Begin excerpts)
...Again, we are reminded that the president has been assessed as speaking at a fourth-grade level. And again, we are forced to ask why he can't just accept a script from his staff and read it. Yes, the president found success during the campaign with his "freewheeling" style. Yes, normal politics can be boring. But sometimes it's the right thing for the president to be boring—or at least to be professional.... (End excerpts)

Source: https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...lorence-wettest-from-the-standpoint-of-water/

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
Not exactly as you say...

Definitely not a speech about water being wet. It is about a HURRICANE!!! - hello?!

He said the hurricane brought forth a TREMENDOUS amount of WATER.

Are you that DUMB that you fell for a cut & paste video? LOL!!!

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Earth
Not exactly as you say...

Definitely not a speech about water being wet. It is about a HURRICANE!!! - hello?!

He said the hurricane brought forth a TREMENDOUS amount of WATER.

Are you that DUMB that you fell for a cut & paste video? LOL!!!
“Hurricanes have water, water is wet, and this is bad."

The above quote by a social media user is an appropriate response to your defence of Trump's utterly moronic comments on Hurricane Florence.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/fb860574ef8719a5b40c7bda025442f8

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
“Hurricanes have water, water is wet, and this is bad."

The above quote by a social media user is an appropriate response to your defence (SIC) of Trump's utterly moronic comments on Hurricane Florence.
LOL!!! I WASTED my time watching BOTH videos, and that misquote was NOT in either one!!!

FYI: It does not take a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to understand that "tremendously wet" (actual quote) means there will be MASSIVE flooding! - hello?! :rolleyes:

Give up your TRUMP HATING before it someday CONSUMES you!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Earth
2(a) In his news report dated September 19, 2018, Ed Mazza sarcastically commented that "Donald Trump makes a stunning observation about the wetness of water". Eureka! He added that Trump's comment "about how wet the storm was 'from the standpoint of water' caused jokes to rain down on Twitter".

2(b) The following are two of the Twitter jokes.

(i) by DJ Gus Gomez:

"I just took a shower in the bathroom and I swear it was the wettest shower I’ve ever taken from the stand point of taking a shower with water."

(ii) by Mystery Friends:

“ 'One of the wettest we’ve ever seen, in terms of water...And it’s certainly not good'.

Thanks for the expert commentary."

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...t-water-hurricane_us_5ba1a88de4b046313fc056c1

Jun 2013
Earth
LOL!!! I WASTED my time watching BOTH videos, and that misquote was NOT in either one!!!

FYI: It does not take a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to understand that "tremendously wet" (actual quote) means there will be MASSIVE flooding! - hello?! :rolleyes:

Give up your TRUMP HATING before it someday CONSUMES you!!! :eek:
Fortunately you did not try to explain the meaning of "wet" with the expression "tremendously wet from the standpoint of water", otherwise you will become a laughing stock like your cult leader. :)

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
Fortunately you did not try to explain the meaning of "wet" with the expression "tremendously wet from the standpoint of water", otherwise you will become a laughing stock like your cult leader. :)
THAT misquote was NOT in either video either!!! - hello?! :rolleyes:

Even if ANY of your silly misquotes were actually real, words matter minusculey compared to ACTIONS!!! And the President's actual actions have indeed been exemplary since becoming President! :cool::cool::cool:

If in the unlikely event was not a misquote, it would obviously been a "misspeak" situation, like when he accidentally said while appearing with Putin "I don't see why it would have been Russia", when he meant to say "I don't see why it wouldn't have been Russia.

Last edited: