Who Murders More People --- USA or Terrorists?

Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
Not among the civilized nations.
There are uncivilized counties? Seems a bit of an oxymoron.

That is like a hick from the sticks asking if a resident of "this demi-paradise" if they are jealous they don't live among feuding hillbillies.
So do you have any statements other than frothing contempt and vitriol? It doesn't seem to be something civilized perior would do... But what do I know?

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
U.S. Policy Led to 2 Million Rapes, 6 Million Deaths

In 1961, the United States plotted with the outgoing Belgian colonizers to murder Congo’s first elected prime minister, Patrice Lumumba. The Americans then installed Joseph Mobutu as strongman to safeguard multinational mining interests and to act as an American base of operations to subvert independence movements all over Africa.
"The United States is mainly responsible for the even larger crime of which mass rape is just one aspect: the death of six million people."
Mobutu served the Americans well, and helped himself to possibly $4 billion of the Congolese people’s money. When Mobutu left the scene in 1997, Washington switched to what has always been its Plan B for Africa: wherever it cannot rule through its chosen strongman, the U.S. creates chaos.

In 1998, Uganda and Rwanda, America's client states in Africa, invaded the eastern Congo, plunging the country into the chaos of the second Congolese genocide. The United States, through its proxies and its deliberate policy of creating chaos for the benefit of multinational corporations, is complicit in every single one of those six million deaths. It is U.S. policy -– not just past, but present policy –- that has unleashed bands of armed men and child soldiers to inflict unspeakable horrors on women and girls.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
There are uncivilized counties? Seems a bit of an oxymoron.
That depends on the definition and understanding of Civilisation --- and very few Americans have even the remotest conception of what may constitute Civilisation.

So do you have any statements other than frothing contempt and vitriol? It doesn't seem to be something civilized perior would do... But what do I know?
Yes, indeed, what would you know.

It is striking, and a never-ending source of wonder to me, how instantly and profoundly most Americans perceive simple criticism as hatred and vitriol.

Moreover, it is not simply the result of modern brainwashing and conditioning of the American Mind --- it goes way back to the untimely rupture of infant America from the nurturing Mother Country.

I could do a thread documenting this repulsive characteristic of the American Mind --- perhaps I shall, if I find the time.

Last edited:
Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
That depends on the definition and understanding of Civilisation --- and very few Americans have even the remotest conception of what may constitute Civilisation.
Well the definition is simple. More contempt I see...pity.

Yes, indeed, what would you know.

It is striking, and a never-ending source of wonder to me, how instantly and profoundly most Americans perceive simple criticism as hatred and vitriol.
Thus far I haven't seen any criticism.

Moreover, it is not simply the result of modern brainwashing and conditioning of the American Mind --- it goes way back to the untimely rupture of infant America from the nurturing Mother Country.

I could do a thread documenting this repulsive characteristic of the American Mind --- perhaps I shall, if I find the time.
Well what you find repulsive wouldn't really be legitimate criticisms. You can have opinions but if they are based on emotion and little more i don't think thru will be valuable from an argumentative stand point.

Mar 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Well the definition is simple. More contempt I see...pity.

Thus far I haven't seen any criticism.

Well what you find repulsive wouldn't really be legitimate criticisms. You can have opinions but if they are based on emotion and little more i don't think thru will be valuable from an argumentative stand point.
Like so many Americans you live in a druggie's dream, wholly out of touch with any shared reality, and unable to hear or read anything that doesn't fit your brainwashing. That's how the American extreme-right manages to keep blowing clouds of pissmist - it can't connect with the rest of us at all. I expect it is laid down in the Konstitootion!

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
The United States government is so defective and harmful that rational people should find it otiose to criticize it---it is a self-evident parody of itself whose absurdity shoots past surrealism into the realms of Dadaism!

America is full of hate-filled bigots, but I am not one of them.

However, I despise the present antiquated, irrational Constitution of the USA, and wish it to be replaced, as speedily as possible, by a modern, efficient mechanism that will be able to handle the challenges of the 21st century.

This, so far from being a wish to destroy the country, is the only way to save it!

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
'
The United States government is so defective and harmful that rational people should find it otiose to criticize it---it is a self-evident parody of itself whose absurdity shoots past surrealism into the realms of Dadaism!

America is full of hate-filled bigots, but I am not one of them.

However, I despise the present antiquated, irrational Constitution of the USA, and wish it to be replaced, as speedily as possible, by a modern, efficient mechanism that will be able to handle the challenges of the 21st century.

This, so far from being a wish to destroy the country, is the only way to save it!
I've said this many times, we've fallen into the same trap as the Romans. The Romans managed a multi-continent republic with a city state's bureaucracy and fell due to the inherent inefficiencies. The US does the same with an agrarian bureaucracy. We've adapted better (as in kept the house of cards up longer, not solving the problem) since states are nations unto themselves but it's straining the system.

The solution as I see it is to break up the US into smaller cultural and geography based confederations that can deal with interstate governance with greater agility. These confederations rather than individual states can be federated into the current (obviously modified) system with the Feds being more of a UN type organization keeping the confederations on the same page and managing the economy/military. Under the current system the system is going to eventually break down and the states are going to just do their own thing as happened to the Soviets. It's almost happened once already and took force of arms and massive military and economic intervention to avoid.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
I don't know why it matters how people are killed and there's a lot of countries that have a higher murder rate than the US.
Sure, but among the technically advanced nations the USA consistently winds up at the bottom of the list on this, as well in so many other aspects of civilized living.

Moreover, a lot of those nations with very high murder rates are in the condition they are suffering due to to the plots and meddling of the USA Oligarchs in their internal affairs.

In comparison, any meddling of Russia in the affairs of the USA is pretty trivial.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
The OP obviously does not understand the definition (legal) of "murder". If it was understood, the question obviously would not have been posted.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
The OP obviously does not understand the definition (legal) of "murder". If it was understood, the question obviously would not have been posted.
I don't think such nitpicking would have much weight with the millions of innocent people whose lives were destroyed by American Oligarchs, war profiteers, and their hangers-on in their ceaseless, criminal quest to make a buck --- or add to their already vast pile of bucks.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
It was during the Vietnam War era that the United States definitively turned to the Dark Side of the Force.

Since then, the US government and military have murdered, maimed and tortured, both directly and indirectly, millions of people all around the world.

What has been the reaction of the American people to this? By and large, they have ignored it, made excuses for it, even, God help them, made jokes about it, and of course, gotten angry and called people names if anyone has dared to point these facts out to them.

This is an indication of a people that has become Nazified and brainwashed.

Rather than being offended by my postings, you should take them as a kindly-meant and concerned warning about the situation Americans are in.

So far, America has had remarkably little blow-back, considering the monstrous activities of their government and their military. But God (or Nature) is just---the Mills of the Gods (or Nature) grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

Consider slavery---America got away with it for 250 years---there seemed to be nothing to worry about. But then came the Civil War, Reconstruction, and all the horrors and difficulties that have followed after them, even down to our own day.

America is very much on the wrong path, and one does not need to be much of a prophet to foresee that this path, if continued, will lead to terrible, terrible disasters.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
I don't think such nitpicking would have much weight with the millions of innocent people whose lives were destroyed by American Oligarchs, war profiteers, and their hangers-on in their ceaseless, criminal quest to make a buck --- or add to their already vast pile of bucks.
Little to no truth above.

Gordon Sinclair hit the nail right on the head way back in '73!

On June 5, 1973, Canadian journalist Allan Gordon Sinclair recorded this famous radio editorial paying tribute to the good ole USA!

His speech, known as “The Americans,” came at a time when the American Red Cross had run out of money to fund recent natural disasters.

In the video, you can hear Sinclair speak highly of America’s achievements, inventiveness, and kindness to people in need around the world. It was a rare thing at the time to have someone NOT American singing the praises of the United States and brought a lot of attention to the broadcast.

To illustrate the unusual incident of a foreigner commending the U.S.A., a citation on Sinclair’s speech can be found on the website Snopes.com, a site which sniffs out frauds and hoaxes. Of course it is neither, but much of the younger generation find the speech so unusual that they can only assume that it is a fraud forty years after.

It’s not…it’s simply a fellow human being sick of the constant flow of criticism aimed at the United States in the early seventies.

http://1059sunnyfm.radio.com/2014/06/06/gordon-sinclairs-1973-the-americans-speech/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwv-dndrMDE

Last edited:
Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
A fellow Torontonian's riposte to right-wing radio propagandist Gordon Sinclair's lickspittle nonsense:

1. When the countries of the world were ready to sign the Nuclear Arms Treaty, the USA stepped away from the table and said: "Screw You", we're doing what WE want. Hmmm, what is North Korea doing now???

2. While most of the countries of the world agree that Kyoto (CO2) should be ratified and even if global warming isn't a major issue in 50-100 years, energy conservation is a good idea, the USA stepped away from the table and said: "Screw You" we're doing what WE want. Oil subsidies continue to be huge.

3. While all countries were prepared to sign a worldwide Toxic Chemicals Treaty, the USA stepped away from the table and said: "Screw You" we're doing what WE want.

4. While all countries were prepared to sign a worldwide Small Arms Treaty, the USA stepped away from the table and said: "Screw You" we're doing what WE want. We love our guns.

5. While all countries believed that the US "Defense Shield" was not in the best interests of global peace, the USA stepped away from the table and said "Screw You" we're doing what WE want.

6. While the US talks the talk on Free Trade, it cannot walk the walk. For example on recent worldwide discussions concerning Tariffs on Steel, the USA stepped away from the table and said "Screw You" we're doing what WE want, and erected huge trade tariffs on steel to protect the Republican voters in the "rust belt".

7. Again, on another Free Trade Issue (on Farm subsidies) in the worldwide meetings in Doha, Qatar, the USA stepped away from the table and said "Screw You" we're doing what WE want. The USA then introduced the Farm Bill (US$180 Billion massive subsidy) – gift to "Big Farm" in swing states to get the future Republican vote (against Doha Policy).

8. On Softwood lumber trade with Canada, the USA stepped away from the table and said: "Screw You" we're doing what WE want and slapped huge tariffs on lumber coming from Canada.

9. SUVs, other large gas gulping vehicles – keep on trucking and burning that gasoline as fast as possible. Nothing better than huge vehicle with a huge engine and a low 0-60 time...

10. After 9/11, the USA used the "you're either with us or agin us" talk to coerce favours from other countries. That was not necessary and certainly didn't curry favour with many countries.