Who Will Win the South Carolina GOP Primary?

Who Will Win the 2012 South Carolina GOP Presidential Primary?

• Total voters
Dec 2011
Earth
Simple question. Who will win the South Carolina GOP presidential primary?

A little fact about the South Carolina Republican presidential primary---every winner since its inception back in 1980 has gone on to win the party nomination. :nerd:

This is going to come down to Romney and Gingrich for South Carolina. Paul and Santorum will most likely fight it out for third place, with Perry almost certainly bringing up the rear.

And after Perry finishes last in S.C., I predict he will withdraw.

I am going to predict Romney will beat out Gingrich for South Carolina, despite Newt having a superior debate performance last night with Willard stumbling.

What say you?

You do not need to go this far, but I will even predict the exact order:

1) Romney

2) Gingrich

3) Santorum

4) Paul

5) Perry

Last edited:
Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Simple question. Who will win the South Carolina GOP presidential primary?

A little fact about the South Carolina Republican presidential primary---every winner since its inception back in 1980 has gone on to win the party nomination. :nerd:

This is going to come down to Romney and Gingrich for South Carolina. Paul and Santorum will most likely fight it out for third place, with Perry almost certainly bringing up the rear.

And after Perry finishes last in S.C., I predict he will withdraw.

I am going to predict Romney will beat out Gingrich for South Carolina, despite Newt having a superior debate performance last night with Willard stumbling.

What say you?

You do not need to go this far, but I will even predict the exact order:

1) Romney

2) Gingrich

3) Santorum

4) Paul

5) Perry
I agree.

I think Newt is hurting himself by going negative too much. And Brother Santorum seems to want to turn the US into a theocracy. Even most believers don't want their religion coming out of the white house. (By the way I believe.):)

Jan 2009
Romney will win, Perry will finish last and drop out. I think Paul and Gingrich will be closer than we think and Santorum will finish worse than expected at 4th.

It's too late

Romney will win, Perry will finish last and drop out. I think Paul and Gingrich will be closer than we think and Santorum will finish worse than expected at 4th.
I was amazed at how foolish the non-Romney candidates were in New Hampshire. They were going after each other more than they were after the frontrunner and now they are playing catch-up in South Carolina. Assuming Romney doesn't make a huge gaffe in the next couple of days, he has South Carolina and an almost guaranteed Republican nomination:rolleyes:

Dec 2011
Earth
Fox News is calling Gingrich as the winner of the South Carolina primary.

Romney appears to be second with Santorum and Paul still fighting for third.