Will this work?

tecoyah

Forum Staff
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
"Washington (CNN)Democratic mega-donor and billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer is spending what an aide says is "well over $10 million" on a national TV ad campaign Friday calling for President Donald Trump's impeachment.
The campaign is a bid by Steyer -- who has not ruled out a run for office himself -- to "demand that elected officials take a stand" on an issue Democratic leaders have so far largely avoided. "

Tom Steyer backs $10 million campaign to impeach Trump - CNNPolitics

What say you?

Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
"Washington (CNN)Democratic mega-donor and billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer is spending what an aide says is "well over $10 million" on a national TV ad campaign Friday calling for President Donald Trump's impeachment.
The campaign is a bid by Steyer -- who has not ruled out a run for office himself -- to "demand that elected officials take a stand" on an issue Democratic leaders have so far largely avoided. "

What say you?
I don't believe it will. In order to impeach a president an indictment has to be leveled by a legislative body. To my understanding for that to work it requires a legislative supermajority.

I don't think 10 million dollars will achieve that.

Jan 2017
Between the mountain and the sea

What say you?
If the funds were used to motivate voters to call their representatives to demand action on impeaching the BLOTUS it might have some impact but I don't expect that will work.

However Congress critters are far more likely to be swayed by donations to their reelection campaigns. In which case it would require considerably more than a measly $10 million.

Personally I think that the 25th Amendment is a better route than impeachment.

tecoyah

Forum Staff
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
If the funds were used to motivate voters to call their representatives to demand action on impeaching the BLOTUS it might have some impact but I don't expect that will work.

However Congress critters are far more likely to be swayed by donations to their reelection campaigns. In which case it would require considerably more than a measly $10 million.

I agree on the 25th as the needed data is already in place, unfortunately as you indicated our Congress is too corrupt and incompetent to do so.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka

The problem with the 25th is that all Trump needs to do is show up at a cabinet meeting and say "**** you all!" to become president again. The 25th is meant for incapacitation, not removal. So unless you plan on throwing Trump in a dark hole somewhere to keep him from reasserting his authority (aka a coup) it won't do anything but get a bunch of bureaucrats fired.