Winston Churchill: Hero, racist, and imperialist

Jan 4, 2018
Arkansas
They tell everyone their bang-bangs are to defend liberty from George 111 - and presumably other fat nutters!
Actually, the NRA mostly talks about guns being used for self defense.

That does not preclude the use of guns from defense from their own government or other powers. Which, by the way, listening to you, is something we should be concerned about.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Actually, the NRA mostly talks about guns being used for self defense.

That does not preclude the use of guns from defense from their own government or other powers. Which, by the way, listening to you, is something we should be concerned about.
Eh? Just because you want a constant chorus of 'It's Tommy this and Tommy that, and Tommy go Away. But it's Thank your Mr Atkins when the band begins to play' doesn't excuse talking nonsense, you know. Killing people is not 'self-defense' but murder, and I don't murder people. It is American hollow-chest-beating nonsense to pretend bully-boys are threatened by wicked decent people.

Jan 4, 2018
Arkansas
Eh? Just because you want a constant chorus of 'It's Tommy this and Tommy that, and Tommy go Away. But it's Thank your Mr Atkins when the band begins to play' doesn't excuse talking nonsense, you know. Killing people is not 'self-defense' but murder, and I don't murder people. It is American hollow-chest-beating nonsense to pretend bully-boys are threatened by wicked decent people.
I am not sure what world you live in, but if someone breaks into my house and poses a lethal threat to me or my family, and I shoot him, it is self defense.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
I am not sure what world you live in, but if someone breaks into my house and poses a lethal threat to me or my family, and I shoot him, it is self defense.
Property comes before human life, eh? Well, we all know what you think, and trust your children don't quarrel with you about pocket-money! In most countries the number of murderers breaking in at night is, compared with normal burglars, small.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Property comes before human life, eh? Well, we all know what you think, and trust your children don't quarrel with you about pocket-money! In most countries the number of murderers breaking in at night is, compared with normal burglars, small.
No, HIS human life comes before an intruder's. :smug:

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
How many intruders have ever threatened his life? He just believes propaganda bullshit, like so many American gun nuts. That's what the NRA is for.
What difference does that make? :rolleyes:

You are just rationalizing, not having actual freedom & having guns.

Jan 4, 2018
Arkansas
How many intruders have ever threatened his life? He just believes propaganda bullshit, like so many American gun nuts. That's what the NRA is for.
What an dumb argument.

I have never had an airbag deploy in a car, but I still have airbags. Don't need airbags or seat belts. I have never got sick from smoking, so I might as well go ahead and smoke.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
What an dumb argument.

I have never had an airbag deploy in a car, but I still have airbags. Don't need airbags or seat belts. I have never got sick from smoking, so I might as well go ahead and smoke.
Your having airbags is hardly a means of murdering others, is it. Go ahead and smoke, ew - I am not convinced the world needs you! :)

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Your having airbags is hardly a means of murdering others, is it. Go ahead and smoke, ew - I am not convinced the world needs you! :)
Nor is visa versa true but also irrelevant; you cannot save lives or reduce accident injury with a gun in your car.

Guns are NOT "for" murdering people! Your premise is flawed. They are for the highly unlikely event that justifiable homicide is necessary as a last resort.

Last edited: