You Should Vote If...

Aug 21, 2016
Sonora Desert
You Should Vote If...

If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing bad can result from your action.

If you can accurately predict what the winning politicians will do, and that it will all be good.

If you are willing to take the blame for everything the politicians and their minions do in your name.

If you agree with everything the political system stands for and everything it does.

If you are willing to take responsibility for the next war, the next recession, the next stage of riots, the horrors of the drug wars, and the waste of trillions of dollars and millions of lives that result annually from government programs.

If you accept being pledged as collateral for the national debt.

If you would be willing to co-sign a blank-check loan for the political establishment.

If you favor terrorism, war, mass murder, theft, pillaging, corruption, and the perversion of power.

If you are corrupt and plan to profit from the system.

If you want to force your will on other people.

Consider it carefully. Considerate people don't vote.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
You Should Vote If...

If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing bad can result from your action.

If you can accurately predict what the winning politicians will do, and that it will all be good.

If you are willing to take the blame for everything the politicians and their minions do in your name.

If you agree with everything the political system stands for and everything it does.

If you are willing to take responsibility for the next war, the next recession, the next stage of riots, the horrors of the drug wars, and the waste of trillions of dollars and millions of lives that result annually from government programs.

If you would be willing to co-sign a blank-check loan for the political establishment.

If you favor terrorism, war, mass murder, theft, pillaging, corruption, and the perversion of power.

In other words....no one should vote?

Why not just say so.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
You Should Vote If...

If you don't vote you don't exist as a practical matter. If you don't exist, the powers that be need not consern themselves with you. When bad things (for you) then follow, you have no standing to gripe. So either start voting you shut the **** up.

Oct 7, 2012
NC
You Should Vote If...

If you are willing to take the blame for everything the politicians and their minions do in your name....

I see an existential crisis in your post. many associate these crises with death and aloneness, but another crisis also rears its head, and that it the crisis of responsibility/choice.

People sometimes fear their own power to make a decision.

People will go through all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid choosing. Why?

Because they don't want to be responsible for the outcome.
Some common themes:

What if I chose wrong?

What if my choosing hurts others?

It is too much weight to make a choice!

Married couples that can't stand each other will provoke the other (infidelity, meanness, contempt, etc) to file for divorce so that they don't have to take the heavy responsibility for a choice.

The bottom line though (and paradox) is we all chose. Even those who think they found a loophole to avoid choosing are indeed choosing, when they choose not to choose.

Aug 21, 2016
Sonora Desert
"The bottom line though (and paradox) is we all chose. Even those who think they found a loophole to avoid choosing are indeed choosing, when they choose not to choose."

Exactly correct, on one level (or multiple levels) of thinking. Everybody chooses something whether they do so knowingly or not.

By choosing not to participate in the "choosing" of political leaders, we choose to not be involved in their anti-social, destructive, and/or criminal behavior.

But those who choose to choose one evil master over another, are thereby choosing to accept whatever those evil masters choose to do. Your vote makes you (in part) responsible for the outcome.

I do wish that there was some better way of opposing the oppression of government. But, having studied the system for decades, it has become obvious that withholding support is the best protest available to considerate beings.

Veto-Voters express their contempt for polytix as use-y-all, and the corruption and force exerted to coerce our compliance, by simply refusing to participate in the scam.

We tell the card sharks of government, "Deal me out -- I ain't playing your crooked game any more."

Sure, they don't care if one or two voters quit voting. But, they will get worried when the concept reaches significant numbers. Some countries' politicians got worried enough to make voting mandatory and force all of their citizens to vote or face significant fines.

When that happens, it means the politicians have admittted that they do not have any real "mandate to rule". It de-legitimizes their claim to being "legitimate government". It causes them to admit to being the illegitimate criminals that they really are.

I think that end-game result is far superior to "electing the lesser evil" or hoping that "our candidate is better..."

** On another subject: Many of the posts you guys have made here would be good comments, arguing against and/or somewhat agreeing with the Halt! Vote! philosophy. My webmistress has shown interest in publishing some of them on the "Your Comments" pages of the HaltVote.com website. We would, of course, only do so with your permission. So, if you would each respond with a "yes" or "no" or "with certain restrictions" we will be happy to honor your wishes. You also have the freedom to go to HaltVote.com and respond to anything there with "Your Comments".

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Excep you can always vote for yourself via write in. It's not an either or game, most races (save judges) have 4+ choices and a write in. Stop making excuses and vote or STFU.

Aug 21, 2016
Sonora Desert
Veto-Voters don't need excuses -- voters do

Excep you can always vote for yourself via write in. It's not an either or game, most races (save judges) have 4+ choices and a write in. Stop making excuses and vote or STFU.
Veto-Voters are the ones who don't need excuses. Voters need excuses for why they support the things they do.

Let's look at the logic of "voting for myself". If I do that I am saying that I would accept that position (if a majority vote for me) and would be willing to do all of the horrendous things required by said position, and take an oath to uphold all of the laws, enforce whatever rules and regulations are required, use government force to steal tax monies from the people who earned them, and otherwise do a whole lot of things that I find deplorable.

Frankly, if deplorable acts are going to be committed against the people of America (and they will be, you may count on that), I would rather they be carried out by anybody else but me. And, I insist, that they be done without my approval.

That is the big difference between a voter and a Veto-Voter. The voter gives approval to whoever the vote decides will rule, and to whatever those rulers decide to do. The Veto-Voter denies approval to them all.

Aug 21, 2016
Sonora Desert
You care at all about the country you live in and think even for a second about what it must be like to live in one where you can't.
Hey amigo. I do understand your sentiment here. Not being able to vote for our masters would possibly be worse than being able and encouraged (damn near forced) to vote (and fight, and argue, and squabble, and campaign, and create divisions, and ridicule...) for and/or against them.

But, the electoral process has not been the panacea it was advertised to be, has it?

If we list all of the things it was supposed to correct, then list all of the things that have gotten worse since "democracy fixed them", it appears that the lists have a lot of overlap.

So the Halt! Vote! message is not so much "don't vote" as it is to realize that voting is not an answer to any of our social or political problems. Then, when one starts from a framework of reality (rather than relying on the hype of establishment socio-political structures) one may discover ways to actually make things better. All that political mumbo-jumbo can be dismissed for what it is, and people can spend that energy (that was wasted for political BS) to find ways to actually improve themselves, their communities, and the lives of others.

I consider a volunteer dog-walker for the local animal shelter a superior being to a high faluting political appointee or elected official.

But, there are those who worship power. To them, I am a "holier-than-thou" political idiot.

That's okay by me. I am finished with fighting political battles and winning or losing them at the ballot box. The wins were fun, the losses sucked, but in the end nothing much changed.

During it all I could hold my head high because I refused to take big bucks to champion issues that went against my integrity.

But, when all is counted, most of that work was for naught. So is almost all of the effort put into electoral politics.

Can you imagine the difference that could be made in the world if the efforts (time and money) that go into politics was put instead into real solutions?

Aug 21, 2016
Sonora Desert
You care at all about the country you live in and think even for a second about what it must be like to live in one where you can't.
Hah! And what about living in a country whose politicians are so lame they have to fine people who don't vote?

We would be there if it weren't for the overwhelming brainwashing mechanism of public schooling and main-stream media.

But, if you look at the monstrous candidates that both parties put at the heads of their tickets, and the downstream bottom feeders as well, it is obvious that the power-mongers know that it takes a lot of fear to keep the populace in line.

Veto-voters refuse to live in fear. Veto-voters do not vote for the "lesser evil". Veto-voters decline to give their consent to those who rule.

Voters bow down to authority voluntarily. Veto-Voters do not bow down (except under duress).

Choose for yourself what you will be and what you will do.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Why are you even here than. Go out in the woods and live as a hermit if you think paying taxes and upholding laws is so horrible.

Taxation is rent.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
....snip...
Veto-voters refuse to live in fear. Veto-voters do not vote for the "lesser evil". Veto-voters decline to give their consent to those who rule.

Voters bow down to authority voluntarily. Veto-Voters do not bow down (except under duress).

From my perspective, living in fear is the definition of a "veto voter" by your own definition....with the added idiocy of ignoring the realities of maintaining peace in any large population.

The only options you leave on the table is monarchy or dictatorship.

Oct 7, 2012
NC
yeah, I would want to know what elvetovoter's endgame is?

What do you see as the ultimate positive outcome from refusing to vote? Do you see people's naturally good qualities rising to the surface and living in harmony?