Your thoughts on the Crusades?

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
He is quite full of himself, isn't he?
I don't really give much parlay to the conspiracy theories, I don't think the Freemasons are in league with the Islamic clerics, to put fluoride in our water to control our minds in order to allow the take over of or planet by Bigfoot and flying saucers.

If someone says the clandestine group secretly controlling the world has gotten to me I tend to dismiss it.

Yeah I am full of myself because I dismiss conspiracy theories.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I don't really give much parlay to the conspiracy theories, I don't think the Freemasons are in league with the Islamic clerics, to put fluoride in our water to control our minds in order to allow the take over of or planet by Bigfoot and flying saucers.

If someone says the clandestine group secretly controlling the world has gotten to me I tend to dismiss it.

Yeah I am full of myself because I dismiss conspiracy theories.
I wasn't talking about you...

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I wasn't talking about you...
Sorry, I didn't realize that. But I must keep it civil.

As for his person I can't say, but he seems to really dislike Islam, to the point that it makes it difficult to hold a conversation.

I really don't buy the Islamic boogie man theory personally. It seems a convenient manipulation device, someone says something you disagree with, well the boogie man has brainwashed you.

It reminds me of the Salem witchcraft trials.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka

As for his person I can't say, but he seems to really dislike Islam, to the point that it makes it difficult to hold a conversation.

I really don't buy the Islamic boogie man theory personally. It seems a convenient manipulation device, someone says something you disagree with, well the boogie man has brainwashed you.

Without the killing people part. :giggle:

clax

Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I don't know, I am pretty sure given the opportunity and the right level of hysteria there would be people to round'em up and get them to confess to being in league with the boogie man.

Okay I really need to stop now.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Probably true...we torture instead.

I could see some individuals (certainly no one in particular), deciding to project the hatred and imaginative reasoning through violence.

Jan 7, 2013

Its not a theory.

Dec 25, 2012
space
A shame they lost
why cerise ?
let them lose somethings please .)

at least they had managed to colonize the most of the world , so please let turks live in anatolia sweety

l know you wont understand me ,but the main reason the crusader wars started was the turks gaining the control of anatolia.

let me stay in my homeland .)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
My thoughts are, it may be time for another.
There are 1-2 billion Muslims, most of them neutral or pro-West (hell, that even includes the Iranians). Your idea would turn them all against us and we wouldn't be dealing with a minuscule number of crazy terrorists but a full fledged army filled with righteous anger. No more car bombs and a few building getting knocked down, we'd have oil embargo, air strikes, blockaded ports and invading armies...

Edited by myp: let's keep it civil

Aug 27, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
David, et al,

I venture to say, the US doesn't have much of a support base in the Middle East, or Persian Gulf.

There are 1-2 billion Muslims, most of them neutral or pro-West (hell, that even includes the Iranians). Your idea would turn them all against us and we wouldn't be dealing with a minuscule number of crazy terrorists but a full fledged army filled with righteous anger. No more car bombs and a few building getting knocked down, we'd have oil embargo, air strikes, blockaded ports and invading armies... In short, you're an idiot.

Sorry, myp but I have to be blunt with such a stupid idea.
(COMMENT)

The region just wants our dollars, not us as a people, which they all despise and find repugnant.

Our reputation can't get much worse.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
There are 1-2 billion Muslims, most of them neutral or pro-West (hell, that even includes the Iranians). Your idea would turn them all against us and we wouldn't be dealing with a minuscule number of crazy terrorists but a full fledged army filled with righteous anger. No more car bombs and a few building getting knocked down, we'd have oil embargo, air strikes, blockaded ports and invading armies... In short, you're an idiot.

Sorry, myp but I have to be blunt with such a stupid idea.
Last thing we need is more war, I agree 100%.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
David, et al,

I venture to say, the US doesn't have much of a support base in the Middle East, or Persian Gulf.

(COMMENT)

The region just wants our dollars, not us as a people, which they all despise and find repugnant.

Our reputation can't get much worse.

Most Respectfully,
R
And yet polls repeatedly show Iranians to have a higher approval rating of the US then Americans... If they don't love us, they're neutral. The number of people actually willing to attack the US (or the West as a whole) is quite small and born more from politics then religion. Actually attacking them in an overt holy war would radically change this dynamic and I'm not sure it's a war we'd win (plenty in the West would be in open revolt over such a war).

Aug 27, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
David, et al,

You have to be very cautious about poll interpretations.

I do not get the impression that we should go out of our way to trust the Iranian.

And yet polls repeatedly show Iranians to have a higher approval rating of the US then Americans... If they don't love us, they're neutral. The number of people actually willing to attack the US (or the West as a whole) is quite small and born more from politics then religion. Actually attacking them in an overt holy war would radically change this dynamic and I'm not sure it's a war we'd win (plenty in the West would be in open revolt over such a war).
(COMMENT)

I agree that any unilateral assault on Iranis not a good idea. It would be much more than the disaster we experienced in Iraq and are going to see in Afghanistan.

Most Respectfully