design your party

Oct 2012
NC
what would your ideal political party look like? ...having only 2 seems kind of limiting after all.

mine would be the conserve party.

its stands out as being about conserving, not just money, government, spending, but resources in general. it would seem natural for people labeled conservative to take this approach, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case.

a few principles:

*over-consuming is out, conserving is on

*we are not paying people to have babies. there are too may people already.

*tax benefits go to those who chose NOT to have kids as well as those who adopt/foster.

*you pay more taxes for having kids. there will be a kid tax, acknowledging that children will use up more resources.

* criminals will work.

* violent criminals who are knowingly guilty (due to video, dna, or mass observation) will have expedited (within one year) death sentences. life is a gift not a privilege. (this reduces using up resources on those headed for death).

* energy must be harvested intelligently. too often humans make something, then utilize it before knowing how to fix it or turn it off if it breaks, leaks, spills, blows up, etc. (remember the huge oil spill in the gulf).

* military does not have to be built up, etc. it just needs to be smarter with less waste, political correctness, etc. that means a smaller military.

-Increase small units of special forces, seals, delta
-Decrease big monolithic , hard to move forces

* killing endangered animals will have severe consequences (life in prison) we will leverage ex-military mercs to kill poachers in Africa and other countries with endangered animals being poached.

...to be continued

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I would use the 1980 or earlier GOP platform as a template and remove all the obstructionist BS and hatred from what it has become today. A return to actually caring about and dealing with societal problems and economic security would be a good idea in my mind.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
  • My party would advocate for conservatism that actually conserves as outlined in the OP.
  • My party would advocate the death penalty ONLY for high crimes. It would also call for a larger burden of proof and only allow for a single appeal. Those who died on death row would not be resuscitated.
  • My party would take a page from the Germans and advocate implementing a draft with civilian occupations for those that don't wish to serve in the military.
  • Slavery ISN'T illegal so long as the slave in a convict. My party would advocate taking advantage of this provision in the 13th Amendment (with obvious exceptions, nobody wants serial killers on the loose) to put them to work for the government. The jobs these slaves would do would depend on their crimes and skills. This would only apply to felons.
  • Hard drugs would be decriminalized for users and treated as a health problem, dealers would still be prosecuted. Soft drugs would be legalized.
  • My party would advocate allowing naturalized citizens who have been citizens for at least 35 years to be president.
  • My party would advocate for dividing the US into regional confederations that can better respond to their people's needs. The Federal government would be limited to taxation, the military, mediating disputes between the confederations and foreign policy.

These would be the core issues in my party's platform. More detailed issues would depend on what was happening in the states (covered by the state parties).

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
Not regarding a party per se, but as far as voting goes, I would require intensive and extensive testing of prospective voters before they got a voter card on their democracy knowledge, etc., to disqualify the clueless ones. :cool: If anyone doesn't even know who the current VP is, what good is their vote? :rolleyes:

Oct 2012
NC
Not regarding a party per se, but as far as voting goes, I would require intensive and extensive testing of prospective voters before they got a voter card on their democracy knowledge, etc., to disqualify the clueless ones. :cool: If anyone doesn't even know who the current VP is, what good is their vote? :rolleyes:
the capable voters part.

Oct 2012
NC
I'm sorry friend. I now have you on IGNORE.

If you decide to give up the crack pipe (my metaphor for your GIFs) let me know and I will happily unclick ignore.

now on to my thread...

I'm thinking of renaming my party the steward party. conserve sounds too close to conservative and their could be confusion. With my party its about conserving resources for future generations and properly managing what we have..

Let me know your thoughts. Could you get behind such a party? Why or why not?

what would your ideal political party look like? ...having only 2 seems kind of limiting after all.

mine would be the conserve party.

its stands out as being about conserving, not just money, government, spending, but resources in general. it would seem natural for people labeled conservative to take this approach, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case.

a few principles:

*over-consuming is out, conserving is on

*we are not paying people to have babies. there are too may people already.

*tax benefits go to those who chose NOT to have kids as well as those who adopt/foster.

*you pay more taxes for having kids. there will be a kid tax, acknowledging that children will use up more resources.

* criminals will work.

* violent criminals who are knowingly guilty (due to video, dna, or mass observation) will have expedited (within one year) death sentences. life is a gift not a privilege. (this reduces using up resources on those headed for death).

* energy must be harvested intelligently. too often humans make something, then utilize it before knowing how to fix it or turn it off if it breaks, leaks, spills, blows up, etc. (remember the huge oil spill in the gulf).

* military does not have to be built up, etc. it just needs to be smarter with less waste, political correctness, etc. that means a smaller military.

-Increase small units of special forces, seals, delta
-Decrease big monolithic , hard to move forces

* killing endangered animals will have severe consequences (life in prison) we will leverage ex-military mercs to kill poachers in Africa and other countries with endangered animals being poached.

...to be continued