Obama Literary Agent Says Obama Born in Kenya

May 15, 2012
Up in the hills
Interesting to see how this is going to be dealt with. I'd love to be in the meeting.

I can't post the link, but I saw it on Drudge.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
I doubt it's true. Even if it is this should not be pursued politically- not a good move.

Mar 28, 2012
Whidbey Island, Wa
How typical of Drudge, promoting right wing conspiracies. It seems that his theories simply vanish when debunked, instead of being corrected. How ethical. Obama's literary agent was an assistant that now admits her error.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...irthplace-1991/story?id=16372566#.T7bIC0VimSo

Sorta puts the kibosh on the retarded, yet gleeful claims of 'either Obummer was lying or he should not be president' and 'I wonder how he is going to deal with this'. Makes the left wing idiots, the truthers, look like moderates.

May 29, 2009
USA
More nonsense about whether President Obama is a "natural born" citizen - I can't believe that this is still going on.

May 15, 2012
Up in the hills
Why didn't Obama have this changed when the error happened instead of waiting 17 years until right before he ran for President? Looks like Obama is a man of many false stories, many of his own making. Check out a new biography called "Barack Obama" by David Maraniss.

Last edited:

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Why didn't Obama have this changed when the error happened instead of waiting 17 years until right before he ran for President? Looks like Obama is a man of many false stories, many of his own making. Check out a new biography called "Barack Obama" by David Maraniss.
Why didn't he have what changed? Either way, the "birthers" are stretching facts and falsifying them way too much. The fact is that there is no hard evidence. And beyond that, this conspiracy theory has hurt not only the "birthers" (as it should have) but many conservatives and Republicans because people tie the "birthers" in with them. Even if you believe this is true despite the lack of evidence, you are doing more harm than good for the American right at large.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Why didn't he have what changed? Either way, the "birthers" are stretching facts and falsifying them way too much. The fact is that there is no hard evidence. And beyond that, this conspiracy theory has hurt not only the "birthers" (as it should have) but many conservatives and Republicans because people tie the "birthers" in with them. Even if you believe this is true despite the lack of evidence, you are doing more harm than good for the American right at large.
In my opinion it is at least 4 years too late to worry about where Barry was born. We can't hit rewind and do it over. And I really don't care where he was born anyway.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
In my opinion it is at least 4 years too late to worry about where Barry was born. We can't hit rewind and do it over. And I really don't care where he was born anyway.
I agree. Even 4 years ago, without much proof, it was a silly card to play- especially to the extent which it was.