Our right to religion

Mar 2009
As a hopeless person I see much more black than white these days. And that is no fun at all.
Right, it definitely cannot be fun at all. Any grand children to cheer you up? Children seem to have such a wonderful way of looking at the present moment to the extent that they always get you to laugh! :)

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
The best idea is to employ your own personal system of ethics.

But it's these sorts of rationalisations (the ones Dean mentions) that lead to:

War is peace.
Slavery is freedom.
Ignorance is strength.

It's best to see war as death, slavery as oppression and ignorance as intellectual weakness.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
The best idea is to employ your own personal system of ethics.

But it's these sorts of rationalisations (the ones Dean mentions) that lead to:

War is peace.
Slavery is freedom.
Ignorance is strength.

It's best to see war as death, slavery as oppression and ignorance as intellectual weakness.
I actually have to agree with that 1st 1. In my experience, war is peace and peace is war. As the saying goes, 'When the war is over, make alliances.' War forces peace far more then diplomacy most times and peace usually is just a time to mobilize. Case in point, no major wars since WW2. Appeasement and diplomacy on the other hand lead to WW2. Obviously this means war brings peace but that the resulting peace will just cause another war. Worst the war, longer the peace however. WW1 being the exception that proves the rule (and if we din't blame a latecomer to the war (Germany) for the war, the following peace would have lasted).

Mar 2009
I actually have to agree with that 1st 1. In my experience, war is peace and peace is war. As the saying goes, 'When the war is over, make alliances.' War forces peace far more then diplomacy most times and peace usually is just a time to mobilize. Case in point, no major wars since WW2. Appeasement and diplomacy on the other hand lead to WW2. Obviously this means war brings peace but that the resulting peace will just cause another war. Worst the war, longer the peace however. WW1 being the exception that proves the rule (and if we din't blame a latecomer to the war (Germany) for the war, the following peace would have lasted).
Very good point. Take the French Revolution, as well as the American War of Independence. Not to mention the American Civil War. Diplomacy tends to pussy foot around, as well as people are playing games for selfish agendas, nothing is transparent.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Very good point. Take the French Revolution, as well as the American War of Independence. Not to mention the American Civil War. Diplomacy tends to pussy foot around, as well as people are playing games for selfish agendas, nothing is transparent.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Mar 2009
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
Right, but how many see that? Looks athough people think self-preservation and accumulation of riches are their real duty. The rest is up to Government, as though Government is something completely separate from their existence, with HQ in Washington DC.