Birth control

Feb 18, 2010
Australia
I think the pills are good. It gives women a bit more power.
Power itself cannot be "good" nor "bad".

If the new human life has attached to the wall of the uterus and the pill can kill it, we have a societally-sponsered murder act. Women are thus given the power to choose murders by society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB
I am all for birth control. There is no shortage of babies. Just a shortage of homes for babies already here.
That's my thinking.
I guess Ted Bundy should have argued that there is no shortage of female humans. Birth control that prevents the sperm successfully combining with the egg are non-murderous in their application and also have Truth-based legitimacy.

However, any form of murder-inducing "pill" is just a drug designed to murder the new human life form that has proven it may live by attaching to the wall of the uterus.

Feb 18, 2010
Australia
As to the OP : Of course, condoms are a perfectly legitimate and often necessary safety device. Of course, the safest way to have sex is to masturbate, eliminating all possibility of infections, STIs, crabs, etc, and of course any unwanted children.

Society has malevolently and insanely made a decree that any biological creator of children are obliged and morally co-erced to own and raise that child. This is discussed on My parental license thread.

Society wants to use the family unit structure to enslave you. All religions and religious leaders, including the pope, are actually agents of society called 'societal whores'.

Here we see societal whore "the pope" using his influence over brainwashed god-addicts to promote this enslavement deception. The sole reason behind this push for promotion of M-F intercourse sex over masturbation, and the push for not using condoms is because societal leaders have decided that they want to increase their supply of citizen-slaves, especially as it gets so depleted due to war, abortion-murders etc.

Societal leaders know that one of their best avenues to influence the citizen-slaves is via pretending that a "god" creature exists and is issuing these instructions, and the god creature knows best and will either grant you immortality and bliss or undeserved torture depending on whether you obey his instructions.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
Power itself cannot be "good" nor "bad".

If the new human life has attached to the wall of the uterus and the pill can kill it, we have a societally-sponsered murder act. Women are thus given the power to choose murders by society.
Firstly, good and bad are individually subjective. It's an informal statement of opinion. So further than power not being good and bad, neither good, nor bad, exist.

Power over one's own body is "good", in my opinion. Meaning nothing more than that i find the concept acceptable - even commendable - in relation to my individual morality.

But i would not bother saying that.

Incidentally, i thought the pill prevented the formation of a child, not aborted it - except maybe the morning after pill. Though a bundle of cells isn't really human, yet, i'd say (whether they are human cells or not).

Feb 18, 2010
Australia
Firstly, good and bad are individually subjective. It's an informal statement of opinion. So further than power not being good and bad, neither good, nor bad, exist.
I agree with you in terms of the individual. You are correct if it only individually applies. That was not what I meant. I meant that good and bad are not a part of power itself.

Power over one's own body is "good", in my opinion. Meaning nothing more than that i find the concept acceptable - even commendable - in relation to my individual morality.
Fair enough, but power is all of its own. Something you seem to agree with now.

Incidentally, i thought the pill prevented the formation of a child, not aborted it - except maybe the morning after pill. Though a bundle of cells isn't really human, yet, i'd say (whether they are human cells or not).
Yes, anything like a condom that prevents the formation of the child is not a form of murder.

As I said, it depends what pill and when it was taken. IF the new human being is attached and formed, its a murder act. Science proves that its a new human life, although this is an abortion debate. Something I may start a thread for.

May 11, 2010
I think religion should be most based on ethics and I don't see anything unethical about using condoms..later abortions I think are unethical though but that is another issue.

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
I'm all for birth control. It's one of the easiest way to prevent unexpected child birth with leads to high population and later leads to poverty and many more.
Abstinence, as said by many, is not that easy to do. All of people have different needs when it comes to sex. So it's better to prevent it by safer means than controlling oneself that can later be uncontrollable.

But I'm always not in favor of Abortion.

May 11, 2010
Birth control is a great invention, not to be crude or anything but their are too many people on this earth, a lot of people in this world do not know what birth control is and so they have many children and also so that the children are more likely to die in a third world country.

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
Birth control is a great invention, not to be crude or anything but their are too many people on this earth, a lot of people in this world do not know what birth control is and so they have many children and also so that the children are more likely to die in a third world country.
Well, there are also times that birth control can be a big problem.
I have heard that China lacks females and overpopulated by males. Is that true?

May 22, 2010
There are many people who support it and others who don't support it. Personally I'm not sure whether it's right or wrong, but it would be a good idea not to have more kids than you can support.

However, stopping the birth of a child doesn't seem like a very good idea. But I think if both the partners are not ready for it, it doesn't have to be essential.

May 29, 2013
philippines
For me using birth control pill is better than seeing children in street hungry begging for food because there parents cant afford to feed them because there family getting bigger and bigger.

Aug 6, 2013
North Carolina
I would about as much credence in any church's (especially the Catholic flavor) teachings on birthcontrol as I would their suggestions on how to design a safe nuclear plant. Religion-opiates for the masses......or is it opiates-religion of the masses, I get confused on my Lennon quotes......