CBO says health reform bills are moving in the wrong way

Jan 2009
Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf testified today that the health reform bills currently being proposed in Washington are only going to increase Federal costs while not cutting healthcare costs by much.

Really not surprising to me at all considering how absurd some aspects of the bill really are. With yesterday's announcements by Obama and his supporters concerning the bill, even more people have started to question the bill- including many who used to support it. Larry Kudlow went as far as to say that he thinks the bill is so ridiculous that he is bullish on it not being passed. Let's hope he is right...

Here's a link to a news story about the CBO testimony for those interested: http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/16/news/economy/health_care_reform/index.htm?postversion=2009071614

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Anyone that looks at it with an open eye can see this thing is a disaster. Looks like another one time president if he don't get that ego under control.
I really am sorry to see him mess up this bad this soon.:(

Jan 2009
Anyone that looks at it with an open eye can see this thing is a disaster. Looks like another one time president if he don't get that ego under control.
I really am sorry to see him mess up this bad this soon.:(
Hopefully the majority of Congressman realize this proposal is crazy and kill it before it even gets to Obama.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Who in their right mind will want to change the U.S.
Nothing wrong with changing the U.S. But to try to change everything about the U.S. in 6 months is more than crazy. And for one man to go at it like a drunk during happy hour is worse. And for the congress to vote yes on bills they have never read should be criminal.

Mar 2009
And for the congress to vote yes on bills they have never read should be criminal.
I still can't understand when everyone knows this is happening that they are doing nothing about it. I totally agree, this has to be absolutely criminal. These guys are supposed to be there on behalf of their constituents and it is making a complete mockery of the process and democracy.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Nothing wrong with changing the U.S. But to try to change everything about the U.S. in 6 months is more than crazy. And for one man to go at it like a drunk during happy hour is worse. And for the congress to vote yes on bills they have never read should be criminal.
You mean the same bills they wrote? That's like calling out an author for not reading their own book. Now Congress(wo)men that had no part in the bill's creation signing without reading it is wrong but to call out Congress as a whole is at best ignorance and at worse blatant partisanship and lies.

Jan 2009
You mean the same bills they wrote? That's like calling out an author for not reading their own book. Now Congress(wo)men that had no part in the bill's creation signing without reading it is wrong but to call out Congress as a whole is at best ignorance and at worse blatant partisanship and lies.
Most of the Congressman don't write it, it is usually the few who are sponsoring it firsthand, so, really it is ok to call them out. Just like with the stimulus bill or the Patriot Act- most of them didn't even read it.

And anyway, Congressmen are public SERVANTS. They answer to us and we shouldn't feel ashamed to call them out on anything.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
First let me thank you for calling me ignorant and a liar. That shows real class for your team.:D Does make it harder to take your arguments serious. That is just a problem with flamers and trolls.

Do your homework. Many of them have admitted they have not and can not read all those thousands of pages.

Last edited:
Mar 2009
First let me thank you for calling me ignorant and a liar. That shows real class for your team.:D Does make it harder to take your arguments serious. That is just a problem with flamers and trolls.

Do your homework. Many of them have admitted they have not and can not read all those thousands of pages.
I have to agree with Dodge. I seem to recall this was a big item news in the media just after the bail out package was voted in at end of Jan beginning Feb.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
I have to agree with Dodge. I seem to recall this was a big item news in the media just after the bail out package was voted in at end of Jan beginning Feb.
That is why everything is being pushed so fast. Don't want to give them a chance to read it. They may not vote for it.